Injury Report: Andy DTD with kneee injury

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
We have a TON to be thankful and proud of with this team. We're coming around as a franchise, so let's all be better as fans and be supportive of the guys on this team, rather than shitting on guys like Sparks. Honestly.

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
This is what happens when you have weak defence. The goalie strains himself making stops and now he is out. Hoping Sparks can translate his AHL success to the NHL. as for those crying about lack of depth, get over it. It is what it is now. Sparks, Pickard and McElhinney all had to clear waivers to retain them. And nobody is going to trade for something you know you can get for free thru waivers.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Keep three, give Sparks a chance if he looks good send down the other guy and hope he clears. Anyways, this isn't a good situation that's for sure.

It's not ideal but Andersen will be back next game apparently. And you act like it's impossible to find a backup or a third stringer. They get traded for next to nothing quite often.

If Sparks isn't up to par as he should be, I'm sure they Leafs can replace him in the near future.

It's really nothing to panic about.

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto
It's not ideal but Andersen will be back next game apparently. And you act like it's impossible to find a backup or a third stringer. They get traded for next to nothing quite often.

If Sparks isn't up to par as he should be, I'm sure they Leafs can replace him in the near future.

If there's nothing to panic about there's nothing to talk about.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Where did you read this?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Okay, easy peasy. My bad for remembering the past. I’m not panicking, but I don’t have my head in the sand about our lack of goalie depth, this focuses that point quite succinctly imho.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We have a TON to be thankful and proud of with this team. We're coming around as a franchise, so let's all be better as fans and be supportive of the guys on this team, rather than ****ting on guys like Sparks. Honestly.
That has been my beef on here for years. It seems that half of our fan base always have to hate someone on the team! Ridiculous, I say.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Poor planning by the young GM. These are the types of rookie mistakes you expect from a rookie. Hopefully it doesn't cost us too much.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Well we're going to find out very quickly if he did screw up.
He probably did. But stick around to find out!

This is Sparks chance to prove to us he's an NHL caliber goalie. Let's see what he's got. I'm not exactly optimistic but ... Yeah.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
The only thing that went wrong here is that Sparks didn't get good enough quick enough. Because of that, we lost 1 career backup and 1 career AHLer to waivers. The CBA only lets you keep so much depth for so long, but they are just that, depth. Spare parts.

Keeping Sparks -- the only one with some potential -- and risking losing the other 2 on waivers was still the right move, all things considered. If Sparks really flops this year, goalies can always be signed, or traded for for future considerations and 6-7th round picks. Hell, it's entirely possible Mc / Pick end up back on our roster for free with a second demotion once the 2 teams that claimed them get healthy.

Nothing to see here, these are all solvable problems.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I can understand people thinking Dubas made the wrong decision with Sparks, I think so too, but idk how you can blame him for our decimated depth. We were always going to lose 2 of McElhinney, Sparks and Pickard. It’s just the reality of waivers and roster spots.

Reactions: hockeynorth

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well we're going to find out very quickly if he did screw up.

We found out the answer to that against Chicago, yes he won 7-6 but that's the problem it was 7-6 he didn't win that game his offense did, Sparks let in 4 soft goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad