Injury Report: Andy DTD with kneee injury

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Oh great....sparks is in.....is the zamboni driver willing to get some pucks fired at him for 60 minutes? Or perhaps there will be an accountant watching in attendance ready to get his real big break :sarcasm:
Hey we've used the Zamboni driver before and he wasn't any worse than Sharts .

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This isnt good for anyone. Every player Ive ever heard talk about 3 goalies said it was awkward and dumb.

And besides that, the odds were against this waivers/imjury scenario even happening in the first place
Dubas gambled they wouldn't both get claimed, he lost. That's fine, but we are running 8 D so he had that option, and if he felt they would've been claimed, it was there without detracting from the team. Anyways, I'm judging his moves one by one, his handling of the goalies is in the minus column for me.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun 2m2 minutes ago
More
Pierre LeBrun Retweeted Mark Masters
Leafs think Andersen should be ok by the next game but I guess we’ll see

Well that's good. Leafs should have given Sparks a start somewhere in the next few games anyways, and I'd rather he go up against LA than Pittsburgh or Winnipeg. I guess maybe St. Louis would be bit easier overall, but even then I would be the least afraid of LA's offense out of the bunch. Plus they have a rookie goalie in Campbell in net, so it's not like he's going up against Quick, even if Campbell has been hot. To be fair, three of his four games were Montreal, Ottawa, and Detroit, and his Ottawa game (his first game) he was atrocious and got pulled half way through. Sparks was at least able to keep it together enough to win and not get pulled despite the worst defensive effort from the Leafs this season by far (vs. guys like Toews and Kane no less).

Fact is, Leafs defense is going to need to play well tonight, just like they have for Andersen the past couple of games (especially against Washington). You have to give Sparks a chance to be successful, just like you do for Andersen in October despite being really shaky.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dubas gambled they wouldn't both get claimed, he lost. That's fine, but we are running 8 D so he had that option, and if he felt they would've been claimed, it was there without detracting from the team. Anyways, I'm judging his moves one by one, his handling of the goalies is in the minus column for me.
how was it a gamble? Yes he was hoping they wouldn't get claimed, but that's how waivers works. Every team keeps 2 goalies

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
You keep 3 goalies to start the year.

Especially when Justin Holl has played zero games this far

Then we lose Holl to waivers since apparently we can't send anyone down without them being claimed.

I've never liked the idea of keeping three goalies. I would have criticized Dubas for doing it, so I'm not going to be upset with him in hindsight.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Sparks gets injured in the first period. HFBoards implodes.

Who knows, maybe McAdam can step up? He's put together some solid efforts in the AHL/ECHL and he just came off of one in his first game with the Growlers.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Two unsigned FA goalies, as far as I can tell, are Steve Mason and Kari Lehtonen. I have no idea if they are in shape, or whether Lehtonen is even on this continent. But if Freddie’s problem is more than a tweak, it might be worth exploring these options

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Two unsigned FA goalies, as far as I can tell, are Steve Mason and Kari Lehtonen. I have no idea if they are in shape, or whether Lehtonen is even on this continent. But if Freddie’s problem is more than a tweak, it might be worth exploring these options

I think Steve Mason can still be a good goalie, would definitely look into him if Andy were to be out awhile.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Mason is considering retirement due to injury. Lehtonen did not want to move his family so he's probably going to retire or play in Finland for a bit. If either were viable candidates, they likely would have earned jobs somewhere by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad