Injury Report: Andy DTD with kneee injury

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
other than carrying 3 goalies I don't know what else Dubas could have done, he made the best of a no win situation imo.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Am I the only one not overly worried about this? They won't rush Andy back in with any sort of injury. They're off to a good start in the standings and this now gives them a chance to evaluate Sparks a bit more.

They play tonight, Thursday, Saturday, and then not again until next Wednesday. Lots of time to get Andy rested.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Two unsigned FA goalies, as far as I can tell, are Steve Mason and Kari Lehtonen. I have no idea if they are in shape, or whether Lehtonen is even on this continent. But if Freddie’s problem is more than a tweak, it might be worth exploring these options

Oh my god, it's almost as if there's better goaltenders than Curtis Mcelhinney literally lying around anywhere.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
You don't carry 3 goaltenders. It negatively impacts their ability to even practice properly. Every goaltender, general manager, coach, skater, analyst, and water boy will tell you this.

How are you a fan of hockey and not know this?
well at least some in here are keeping sane:clap:

how about we see how this all plays out before we freak out?:scared:

it is ONLY day to Day

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
mc.png

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
other than carrying 3 goalies I don't know what else Dubas could have done, he made the best of a no win situation imo.
he could have waived Pickard earlier in camp and if he didn't clear could have run with 3 goalies

without injuries i doubt both would have been claimed but Dubas would/should have known teams had injury problems and shouldn't have waived both

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
How can you justify letting UFAs walk for nothing because you are going for it, but then pick your back up based on the future in mind instead of that same going for it mentality? I mean your back up only can influence 40-50 pts of your season (20 to 25 starts). Lol.....Not that important right?

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
D
Dubas gambled they wouldn't both get claimed, he lost. That's fine, but we are running 8 D so he had that option, and if he felt they would've been claimed, it was there without detracting from the team. Anyways, I'm judging his moves one by one, his handling of the goalies is in the minus column for me.
Dubas knew they would get claimed, just like 95% of us did. What he gambled on was that Sparks was the best option of the three and we've yet to see if that's true or not.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
How can you justify letting UFAs walk for nothing because you are going for it, but then pick your back up based on the future in mind instead of that same going for it mentality? I mean your back up only can influence 40-50 pts of your season (20 to 25 starts). Lol.....Not that important right?
those have literally nothing to do with each other. For one thing, Dubas wasn't in charge of the team when they decided to keep our rentals for the playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->