Confirmed with Link: Andrew Peeke signed to ELC

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
wanna fight? :)
I went on a quick search also for proof on how long I have fought for this kid and look at the dates and some of the quotes I was REALLY bias and confident about this kid haha
I agree with both of these with both of these but the funny thing is I don't even think these are the best of the later round picks. Gavrikov to me is our future shut down #4. He was the WJC best Dman the year before Werenski and I see them being a future pair here in Columbus. Same draft, same award, same team, 2 COMPLETELY different styles though. Werenski is great passing and and can put up numbers while Gavrikov can shut down the.best players on the ice while dropping them to their ass.

I honestly think ARI should be #1 team and islanders are too high. Outside of TOR top 3 the rest of the prospects are really average and ARI has a stacked top 3 plus a MUCH deeper pool that should be weighed heavier then TORs top 3. I did my part and voted to reflect that as to not be someone who complains about others hard work and doesn't do my part to participate haha. I also voted on the jackets poll trying my hardest to get Gavrikov ranked higher on the jackets list because I see him as.being extremely underrated.

Drafting good-
Wennberg
Dano
Bjorkstrand
Milano
Werenski
Carlsson
Gavrikov (My current favorite prospect so this is bias but eventually will be proven)
Nutivaara

Average/To early to tell:
Rychel
Bittner
Koelsar
Heathrington
Prout
PLD

Bad draft:
None but people blast him for taking PLD before we have time to determine how good he will be

Contracts to guys on the team already good:
Saad
Atkinson
Murray
Jones
Savard
Foligno

Average:
Bob- had a 10 mil offer but GMJK got him to stay. Only reason this is average is because injury history
Dubinski- Plays at contract value but started slow this year. Wasn't bad or good.

Bad:
Boll- he was a loyal team guy and served his role perfect but paid him to much for what he did. Sad we had to buy him out.

He also brought in a top coach in Torts who has turned us from 4th worst to top team after 1 off season. Look at the teams he was the assistant GM for or played a big role in the draft with. Look at who he brought into OTT and STL. He is also the first ever euro GM in the league. He is clearly top 15.

I put huge stock in it. He's already the 2nd best prospect on D under Werenski. P Carlsson is a little more raw from what i hear. And Nutivaara is currently showing how good Ryan Murray is by making the poor guy carry him on the bottom pair. If Gavrikov was on the team non of the mistakes of the Finnish wonder would have ever happened Gavrikov is to good with the puck to give it away pdirectly causing goals on multiple occasions.

Mark my words if we don't bring him over and let him go he will be the defensive version of panaran. He will come over as a FA and immediately establish himself as a top 5 shut down Man. Low point production but will stop so many goals it won't matter.

My list has the exact people but in a different order. I believe Gavrikov is criminally underrated as a prospect and he is or best D prospect and is better then even Nutivaara is now. PLD has great potential but I feel Bjorkstrand will be one of the most important guys long term in our history. Will set team records and lead us to many playoffs. Not as high on Forsberg because his NHL performances when given a chance.

1. Oliver Bjorkstrand
2. Pierre-Luc Dubois
3. Sonny Milano
4. Vladislav Gavrikov
5. Gabriel Carlsson
6. Vitali Abramov
7. Joonas Korpisalo
8. Anton Forsberg
8. Daniel Zaar
10. Elvis Merzlikins

HM- Kukan, Bittner, Peake

Gavrikov for the cbj. He's still over in Russia but he is going to be a stud once he gets here. He's the dictionary definition of a shut down D that will stop guys like Kane making it look easy.

F I'm going to say Keller I wanted him on the CBJ but we went PLD instead so it's yet to be known if that was the right choice. As far as D goes McAvoy to me is a stud I wish we could have got him as well to have Werenski/Jones/McAvoy and have the 3 best U23 USA defenders on one team. Also Gavrikov is an amazing D prospect as far as shut down D goes. Go watch his play on YouTube if you can find it and ask some guys with KHL knowledge and they will tell you how much of a stud he is. And as for G I have thought it since the first game I never saw him play in college Demko is clearly the best goalie prospect in the league. He dominated college and he's doing well in the AHL but he just doesn't have the best D in front of him. He might be the next Schneider right now.
mikeyp24 said:
Thank you for the continued updates on him. He is my favorite prospect not named Werenski and I just want him to keep succeeding and improving. Do you know how old he is. 21? I really want him here to be our best pure defense and be our #4 thats my hope. I cant wait to see him in the union blue. I think he is by our own fans our most underrated prospect and probably one of the most under rated prospects in the league. I doubt many people know who he is. Jan 31, 2016
This last one was in a locked thread so I couldnt directly quote it but it was made like 6 monthes after the draft. In 2016 prospect thread I had him 4th for christ sakes haha

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Couldn’t the same thing apply if he were assigned to Cleveland?

They may just want him to experience the atmosphere of a playoff chase. He’ll be in Cleveland virtually all of next year if I had to guess, and hopefully be ready to make the jump the year after that to the NHL.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I thought the same thing but then they played Carlsson in the playoffs his rookie season as well and he hasn't been back up since.

He’s occasionally been up in the NHL (he was actually in our lineup opening night at Detroit this year) but your point pretty much stands, especially as far as longevity goes.

That Carlsson over Nuti decision was pretty bizarre at the time, given Nuti had a pretty solid year and played the vast majority of regular season games, and it looks even worse now given how each player’s career has progressed.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Him coming to the Jackets is purely to burn one year off his ELC. Probably an inducement to get him to sign.

Couldn’t the same thing apply if he were assigned to Cleveland?

Moe, I think you're right. Because of his age when he signed he is not subject to the ELC slide provision of the CBA. His deal expires after the 2020-21 season. I guess with him being on the Jackets he'll make a bit more $ than if he went to Cleveland.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Moe, I think you're right. Because of his age when he signed he is not subject to the ELC slide provision of the CBA. His deal expires after the 2020-21 season. I guess with him being on the Jackets he'll make a bit more $ than if he went to Cleveland.
That's probably it. The $$

Plus the experience of being around the guys and in the building for the playoffs. But is that more important than experience in Cleveland?!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I thought there was a playoff race happening in Cleveland too. I’m sure he’d help.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He’s occasionally been up in the NHL (he was actually in our lineup opening night at Detroit this year) but your point pretty much stands, especially as far as longevity goes.

That Carlsson over Nuti decision was pretty bizarre at the time, given Nuti had a pretty solid year and played the vast majority of regular season games, and it looks even worse now given how each player’s career has progressed.
Carlsson actually played like a stud his short playoff callup. He was a completely different player after that though. And Nuti was hurt mid season that year and was playing through it and they didnt trust him/want him playing hurt in the playoffs. I want to say hip injury? That or back maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad