Confirmed with Link: Andrew Peeke signed to ELC

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Interesting that he's going to CBJ... Do they think he's far enough along to compete with Kukan and Harrington?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well, I guess you COULD say that but .........

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting that he's going to CBJ... Do they think he's far enough along to compete with Kukan and Harrington?

It doesn't necessarily mean he's ready or they want him to play - playing immediately in the NHL can be a signing perk. If it's between him walking versus being a healthy scratch for a few games and "soaking up the playoff environment", it's worth it in the long term.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It doesn't necessarily mean he's ready or they want him to play - playing immediately in the NHL can be a signing perk. If it's between him walking versus being a healthy scratch for a few games and "soaking up the playoff environment", it's worth it in the long term.
I thought the same thing but then they played Carlsson in the playoffs his rookie season as well and he hasn't been back up since.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Glad we got him signed so there was no drama. Hopefully he does better than Carlsson and Collins before him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Him coming to the Jackets is purely to burn one year off his ELC. Probably an inducement to get him to sign.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He is here to get the atmosphere and like super emergency. He will learn the team and go from there.

Jones Murray
Savard Werenski
Nuti Peeke/Gavrikov
Kukan Harrington

What team can say they have that talent at that age? Its loaded.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
He is here to get the atmosphere and like super emergency. He will learn the team and go from there.

Jones Murray
Savard Werenski
Nuti Peeke/Gavrikov
Kukan Harrington

What team can say they have that talent at that age? Its loaded.
Bruh wut.

Gavrikov >>>> Peeke

Peeke hasn’t proven anything yet we don’t even know that he’s an NHLer.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Hell yes!!!

I'm glad this got done and we won't see a repeat of the Reilly situation. Our D prospect pool is pretty thin. We've got Gavrikov (hopefully), Peeke, and...

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2002
Hell yes!!!

I'm glad this got done and we won't see a repeat of the Reilly situation. Our D prospect pool is pretty thin. We've got Gavrikov (hopefully), Peeke, and...

Most of the defensemen have just started shaving, I am not worried about it. 9 defensemen 28 and under that are legit NHL players is pretty rare.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Bruh wut.

Gavrikov >>>> Peeke

Peeke hasn’t proven anything yet we don’t even know that he’s an NHLer.
Gavrikov hasnt signed yet... look at my post history you wont find anyone on this site who is a bigger Gavrikov fan. I went crazy the day we drafted him haha. But Peeke for sure is ours we have to hope that russian wall wants to win here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->