Andrew MacDonald upgrade or not?

SchennSational1022*

I know how much Hexy is against trading picks and stuff especially coupled with older overpaid players (and I'm against it), but if we can get rid of this ****ing clown by just throwing a 2nd attached to him, bite the bullet and do it. What a disgrace and joke of a player.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
I know how much Hexy is against trading picks and stuff especially coupled with older overpaid players (and I'm against it), but if we can get rid of this ****ing clown by just throwing a 2nd attached to him, bite the bullet and do it. What a disgrace and joke of a player.

I think he would. The flyers just haven't built enough depth to make that a viable option at this point. In 2-3 years they will be in a position. To do that but proper drafting eliminates the need to pay for overpriced FA's anyway.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I believe Tripod thinks Luke will be traded soon. I know I do.

That is correct. I think Luke is moved within this month. I think mgt sees him as a guy that only replaces Gudas. If another D gets hurt, there are other options that would be better to bring up/play due to style of play.

There are like a hundred FanHabtic posts I'll have to quote if that happens. :laugh:

That is another reason...lol. I would love for us to get a 3rd for Schenn just to see his reaction.

Same with Darth Milbury if Streit got traded and we got back a 1st.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I doubt Hextall trades a high pick to dump a salary.
Those high picks becomes talented, low cost players for a few years, then extensions where you have much better information on the player than you do on potential free agent signings.

So trading a high pick to dump salary creates a future hole that requires a high cost signing which . . . hey, isn't that how we got into this situation in the first place?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We're supposed to have three 2017 3rds so I wouldn't mind using one of them plus retention to dump a contract if the alternative is a buyout.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Assuming he clears, I'm hoping the next step is trying to find someone else who has a bad contract. Those teams are starting to dwindle though, and it'd be one less team for Lecavalier to be traded to.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Clowe for AMac? Deal with the LTIR nuisance while NJD can try and salvage something.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We're supposed to have three 2017 3rds so I wouldn't mind using one of them plus retention to dump a contract if the alternative is a buyout.

As would I.

And since we got that 1 3rd for Rinaldo, it would just be like we gave Rinaldo and say Vinny away for free. I could handle that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad