Injury Report: Andrew MacDonald activated from IR (Nov. 27) after missing 15 games with a leg injury

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Morin is a better hockey player than MacDnald; putting him in the lineup improves the team.

Ghost-Morin just makes too much sense for it not to happen. They'll want to simplify Morin's role as much as possible and minimize the need for him to handle the puck.

Provy-Hagg is a solid top pairing and finally gives Ivan the chance to play his game.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morin is more talented than MacDonald, if he was really a better hockey player RIGHT NOW Hextall would have figured out how to fit him into the lineup.

Ghost - Morin doesn't make sense, Morin is a LH D-man and Ghost prefers to play on the left side.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Morin Ghost looked really good in pre season. Morin Sanheim have played together in the AHL and did really well. I know Sanheim Gudas has good underlying stats, maybe its just me, but the eye test doesn't see them as a good fit?

Let Morin free up Sanheim. He looks tentative out there.

Edit: I think the reason Sanheim/Gudas doesn't look right to me is because Gudas is often out of position going for a hit, or in the offensive zone as soon as he gets the puck its a quick wrister to the net no matter what. That doesnt work to Sanheims strengths.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
To me AMac's big negative is his over priced Cap Hit... but, since that is no longer a problem, he serves us very well... and a Veteran on D is really a good thing.

I just hope we don't see a huge drop off if Moran comes up... playing or sitting... and we can weather the storm until he is back and in condition.

Best case is it turns out that Moran is ready and plays... worse case is that we see why Moran was sent down, and it is because he was not yet ready... or the Team cannot play with so many kids back there.

People got their wish... pray they don't regret the wish.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I can't believe you all. Manning is the perfect guy to step in until Andy gets back. He's put in the work, well respected, and he and Provy would gel quite well. The other way you go, which is what I suggested before the season even started, is this:

Provy-Sanheim
Ghost-Hagg
Manning-Gudas

Bingo. Problem solved. Thank you for your support.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There are 30 million reasons to not feel bad for him.
But the fact that he's a human being who doesn't deserve to be injured is a single, but big enough, reason to for me to be sympathetic.

To me AMac's big negative is his over priced Cap Hit... but, since that is no longer a problem, he serves us very well... and a Veteran on D is really a good thing.

I just hope we don't see a huge drop off if Moran comes up... playing or sitting... and we can weather the storm until he is back and in condition.

Best case is it turns out that Moran is ready and plays... worse case is that we see why Moran was sent down, and it is because he was not yet ready... or the Team cannot play with so many kids back there.

thinking-face_1f914.png

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

*cringe*

Why did you say Moran twice?

Starting to wonder if you're just trying to get a rise out of people lately.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I won't celebrate anybody's injury, particularly a Flyer. I think that, despite his warts, MacDonald has been decent this season, for the most part. That being said, I don't at all like him as a top-pairing dman, and I am leery about the potential for Manning to be cemented into the line-up. It is absolutely time to call up Morin, though it wouldn't be an awful thing to have a platoon if Morin shows some hiccups.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They haven't announced the replacement yet?
I have this wild hair they might give Alt a shot:

1) he's steadily improved over 4 AHL seasons after college
2) he's a good sized RH D-man with mobility, 2nd rd pick, the raw talent is there
3) Hextall may want to see what he looks like at the NHL level
4) Rewarding a guy who has paid his dues

The advantage of Allentown is if you bring someone up and they look out of place, the next guy isn't far away.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
They haven't announced the replacement yet?
I have this wild hair they might give Alt a shot:

1) he's steadily improved over 4 AHL seasons after college
2) he's a good sized RH D-man with mobility, 2nd rd pick, the raw talent is there
3) Hextall may want to see what he looks like at the NHL level
4) Rewarding a guy who has paid his dues

The advantage of Allentown is if you bring someone up and they look out of place, the next guy isn't far away.

This is like blinking when the solution is one millimeter away from your eyeball and flashing with bright lights.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Alt is not getting called up before Morin unless it’s a short term thing and they just need him to sit in the press box.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Haven't gone back and read any post. But I have a horrible feeling we will be bringing Streit back.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I can't believe you all. Manning is the perfect guy to step in until Andy gets back. He's put in the work, well respected, and he and Provy would gel quite well. The other way you go, which is what I suggested before the season even started, is this:

Provy-Sanheim
Ghost-Hagg
Manning-Gudas

Bingo. Problem solved. Thank you for your support.

The problem is then... a sitting young talent that needs work in the A... unless they bring Alt up... or get another Veteran for depth.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
So who does Mark Alt get paired with when he gets called up?

I know you are joking because Mark Alt would not play over Mandog. Alt would come up just to eat the Wells Fargo Center popcorn. As someone said, LHV has some D injury issues now, so Morin might stay down for a few more days. I do expect him to come up and get some NHL action, however.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
To anyone posting lineups with Sanheim on the right side, I don't like you anymore. He plays the left, please.

Also, if we are going with Morin in the lineup, I fully expect Hak to keep the 3 rookies on seperate pairs. Having 2 rookies together on a pair is pretty much Hakstol's ultimate nightmare. He'd rather be dead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad