Injury Report: Andrew MacDonald activated from IR (Nov. 27) after missing 15 games with a leg injury

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Hmm... Bummer that MacDonald is injured, but I'm cautiously hopeful that he's out of the lineup--as long as Manning just doesn't get the nod. (If Manning just replaces MacDonald, then I guess a lesser player than Morin would get called up?)

I'd like to see:

Provorov-Gudas
Gostisbehere-Sanheim
Morin-Hagg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is not going to be a popular statement... but it's the truth... this is a serious injury for the Season... like it or not, AMac is an important piece and played large minutes... and was playing well... and Provo and Team were playing well with him in there... long range it may be good for Morin and kids... but if we want to keep pace and do anything this Season, it is a huge loss... agree with that or not.
Now flame away... I'm expecting it.

tenor-1.gif

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
One thing working in Morin's advantage is that they see dmen in clearly defined roles and both Amac and Morin were used on top PK unit in preseason. Manning can help the guys out in practice and locker room.

Reactions: TheKingPin

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
i seriously hope they don't bring up Alt. that would be a slap in the face to Morin. at some point, you just have to let him play and see how things go. he's done his time in the AHL. besides, this team isn't winning this year anyway, lets see what the kid can do. stop delaying the movement and let all the kids play as much as possible.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Im really curious to see how they handle this.

Morin has to work his way in at some point...and if he plays real well what do they do when Amac comes back?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Gotta feel bad for Amac the human being, even if you dislike Amac the hockey player.

But, on the bright side, it'll be exciting to see Willcox's first NHL game.

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morin is still a tough fit.
You don't want to break up Ghost - Hagg
Morin is LH only, so is Provorov
Provorov - Gudas
Morin - Sanheim
are the obvious pairs, but that means moving Sanheim to RH and pairing him with another rookie.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Im just picturing H & H having fits over this.

Its not going to be pretty at first. Theyre gonna do everything possible to keep from the 3 rookies all being on the blue line...but I trust theyll all play well enough to force that.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Manning isn't really a RH D-man either, so he's just as hard to fit as Morin, and far less talented.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Provorov and Manning played together before Provorov would forever be united with #47.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad