Value of: Andrew Ladd

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The two types of Islander trades you'll find on the trade forums these days:

1. Trade Wahlstrom or Dobson, plus an unprotected 1st in next year's draft, for my veteran player.

2. Let's find a way to move Ladd IMMEDIATELY despite having the 5th most cap space in the league.

3. Trade offer involving a guy who left the Islanders and is on the decline of his career

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Good lord that "without Ladd" image.:eek:
Keep that in mind when you evaluate the impact adding forwards with defensive minds like Khunackel, Flipuliplipla and Komarov and adding Trotz to coach. Team needs defensive forwards and commitment to the D side!
I think its funny when a team signs a player to a really bad contract and then fans of that team try to come up with reasons why another team should trade for him.
It is what it is. Contract sucks, player is good. He can play on my team any day, just like a Rick Nash or Ryan Callahan. Not all equal sure but aren't worth their contracts but still contribute positively.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg
Epic meme, bro.

Do you know what "compared" means?

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Might as well keep him if the team is nowhere near the cap. He seems to be the type of person to keep around if the idea is to build through developing younger players.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Beauvillier was much better on Barzal's line than Ladd was though. I don't wanna see Ladd stuffed onto a good line over better players just to try to justify his contract.
Barzal was below 50% Corsi when he was on the ice without Ladd. Both were well above 50% when they were on the ice together.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's too bad he's declined - just a couple years ago he was our #1LW and a good one at that. Hopefully he has a bounce-back season in NY, although I don't expect they'll move him.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Keep that in mind when you evaluate the impact adding forwards with defensive minds like Khunackel, Flipuliplipla and Komarov and adding Trotz to coach. Team needs defensive forwards and commitment to the D side!

It is what it is. Contract sucks, player is good. He can play on my team any day, just like a Rick Nash or Ryan Callahan. Not all equal sure but aren't worth their contracts but still contribute positively.

He does not come close to being worth that contract.
I would love to be rid of him.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ladd, Beauvillier, 1st 2019 for Pacioretty (signed), Alzner, McCarron?
Isles are not anywhere near the cap ceiling and Malkin has deep pockets.
Press reports 30 yr old MaxPac asked LA for $8m per during extension talks.Yikes.

Would not move Beau alone, nevermind adding a 1st to wildly overpay MaxPac and
the slow skating Alzner.
Is Alzner supposed to have some positive value?

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
He did? Half the year? Did you watch any isles games?
Um, yes. Basically every one. I seem to remember him playing with Barzal up until he got hurt and Beauvillier was moved into his spot. If that is accurate (not sure it entirely is) that's 42 games on the 2nd line and 31 off it.

Looking at the numbers, Barzal and Eberle were his most common linemates, with Ladd -- Barzal -- Eberle accounting for 7.9% of the Islanders ice time (making it the 3rd most common line combination behind 27/91/12 and 72/13/7) as opposed to only 4.1% of the Islanders ice time going to Ladd -- Nelson -- Fritz.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Um, yes. Basically every one. I seem to remember him playing with Barzal up until he got hurt and Beauvillier was moved into his spot. If that is accurate (not sure it entirely is) that's 42 games on the 2nd line and 31 off it.

Looking at the numbers, Barzal and Eberle were his most common linemates, with Ladd -- Barzal -- Eberle accounting for 7.9% of the Islanders ice time (making it the 3rd most common line combination behind 27/91/12 and 72/13/7) as opposed to only 4.1% of the Islanders ice time going to Ladd -- Nelson -- Fritz.

I remember it this way too. Tito took his spot and was not giving it back due to very good play. Then when Ladd came back he scored maybe 1 goal in around the next 25 games with only 3 or 4 assists in that time . He may have gotten hot the last few games of the year to pad his worthless stats as the team went on a winning streak to close it out .

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He did? Half the year? Did you watch any isles games?
Early in the season one of our posters suggested we offer up one of our 1st rounders along with Ladd,to get some team to take him.

Can you imagine losing out on either Walhstrom or Dobson just to be rid of Ladd's caphit?

Reactions: MikeyMike01

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Early in the season one of our posters suggested we offer up one of our 1st rounders along with Ladd,to get some team to take him.

Can you imagine losing out on either Walhstrom or Dobson just to be rid of Ladd's caphit?
No, but I also didn't think Wahlstrom or Dobson would BOTH fall to us. If it had been for some of the other picks, wouldn't be sweating it and we would have still ended up with Wahlstrom or Dobson depending on who fell.

I wouldn't have sweated it because nobody here can honestly say they anticipated having a shot at both those guys. LL certainly didn't as he had trades lined up and ready to go. So really not fair how you are Monday morning QB'ing the hell out of this.

The only reason I would be opposed to paying assets to move Ladd is because I really don't think they are going to spend the cap on anything worthwhile, so might as well just hold on to him and see what happens under a new regime.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Jets take him back if NYI retains 50%.

Realistically, I doubt he's coming back to Winnipeg. I think the Canucks would be much more realistic. But overall, I think he goes to Seattle in the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad