Value of: Andrew Ladd

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Ladd is basically untradeable for this year and next, and after that he's got negative value. NYI are stuck with him for the next two years, and will have to figure out what to do after that. There's really no point discussing it.

Reactions: Devonator

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Ladd can still be a 40-50 point player but the Isles keep plugging him into the line up with guys like Nelson and Fritz. He needs a play maker

Reactions: IODCPiper

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Ladd’s production has dropped off but he’s still an impactfull player who can still play a complementary role in the top 6. He only has a mild positive effect on shots taken, but the difference defensively when he’s on the ice for the isles is huge. He had the isles third highest Rel Corsi last year and his 5v5 P/60 was actually still ok at 1.57.
He’s overpaid obviously, but he’s something the isles don’t have a lot of and a young team can probably afford to carry his salary better than most. IMO the isles are better hanging on to him.

laddxan85

laddxan85

laddxan85

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
He played with Mat ****ing Barzal half the year lol

And while playing with them he was on pace for 40+ points. Dropped him to the third line with Nelson and Fritz and he stunk.
I'm not going to defend he's worth his contract or he'll get back to the 60 point player he once was but keep him on a line with a play maker and you'll see his production stay consistent.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
And while playing with them he was on pace for 40+ points. Dropped him to the third line with Nelson and Fritz and he stunk.
I'm not going to defend he's worth his contract or he'll get back to the 60 point player he once was but keep him on a line with a play maker and you'll see his production stay consistent.
Beauvillier was much better on Barzal's line than Ladd was though. I don't wanna see Ladd stuffed onto a good line over better players just to try to justify his contract.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

That's really not impressive when the kid went +ppg.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I could see a Ladd - Nelson - Ho Sang line doing well. Or a Ladd - Filppula - Bailey line. If he's healthy and there's some consistency and structure, I like the odds for a bounce back year.

Ho Sang playing well and making the starting lineup will do wonders for this team. They need a playmaker in the middle six.

Reactions: Neuf

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Ladd can still be a 40-50 point player but the Isles keep plugging him into the line up with guys like Nelson and Fritz. He needs a play maker
Burnt Toast. Yet some want Barzal to drag his carcass around the rink.
Yeah, and Yashin needs a wing.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Ladd might be the only bright spot on the Islanders bottom 6. Compared to what we pay Clutterbuck, Komarov, and maybe Cizikas, Ladd at $5 million is a steal.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I still like Ladd, just not his contract or injuries. He's very good defensively on a bad defensive team. Well it will be better this year though. There's a reason we signed Komarov, Flip and Kuhnackel and it's because there were no forwards on the team that could make a D zone impact.

Half his contract has bee paid out, he's not as untradeable as people will think. The term is the killer.

I want to see him under Trotz and with a better role outlined. He never found it under Cap or Weight. If he could be the Callhan on Tampa or Kunitz on Penguins I would be happy. Weight having him with Nelson and Fritz was just LOL.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ladd’s production has dropped off but he’s still an impactfull player who can still play a complementary role in the top 6. He only has a mild positive effect on shots taken, but the difference defensively when he’s on the ice for the isles is huge. He had the isles third highest Rel Corsi last year and his 5v5 P/60 was actually still ok at 1.57.
He’s overpaid obviously, but he’s something the isles don’t have a lot of and a young team can probably afford to carry his salary better than most. IMO the isles are better hanging on to him.

laddxan85

laddxan85

laddxan85

Good lord that "without Ladd" image.:eek:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Would he be useful to a team's 3rd or 4th line? How much would the Isles need to retain?
There are not many teams playing cap floor tricks like Wang/Snow used to: using a high cap hit with a lower salary to reach the fl.
If Lou could find such a trade partner, he might be able to dump Andrew Badd's remaining 5 yrs/ $18m.

Ah,who am I kidding?
Isles are stuck with that crap caphit.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think on the right team he'd be a valuable depth forward. I think the Islanders kick the tires on trading him in 2019.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
I think its funny when a team signs a player to a really bad contract and then fans of that team try to come up with reasons why another team should trade for him.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The two types of Islander trades you'll find on the trade forums these days:

1. Trade Wahlstrom or Dobson, plus an unprotected 1st in next year's draft, for my veteran player.

2. Let's find a way to move Ladd IMMEDIATELY despite having the 5th most cap space in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad