Andrew Ladd

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If there is even a remote chance that the Ladd we see now, this season, is the Ladd we would get for the next 6 years if we sign him..... then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of town. But, Chevy, you better get something for him.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Ladd's body may be breaking down.

There's still a 3 year window that we still need Ladd, before Connor and potentially others can replace Ladd's production in the lineup, IMO.

Signing Ladd to 6 year extension is just too long, IMO.

Derfel*

Certainly the issue people are having isn't money primarily, it's term. Is 4 years acceptable for people? I know I could stomach that.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Certainly the issue people are having isn't money primarily, it's term. Is 4 years acceptable for people? I know I could stomach that.

It won't be acceptable to Ladd, he is cashing in on this deal and term will be critical for him. I don't begrudge Andrew he has earned the right.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

It won't be acceptable to Ladd, he is cashing in on this deal and term will be critical for him. I don't begrudge Andrew he has earned the right.

If we can see a better Ladd than what we are seeing this season, then to me, 4 years would be fine.

And yes, Ladd has earned the right to be a UFA if he wants. That's what the CBA is for. But I just wonder... if Ladd plays this whole season on what most people consider to be a drop-off for Ladd, and he decides to go the UFA route, just how many teams will give Ladd the 6 years and money he wants? It could turn out the best offer he ever gets is from the Jets.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Ladd will get overpaid just like every other free agent does. He's a proven leader, consistent, and plays tough. Its time for a leadership change for us, but he's still a great catch for any team who gets him.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Wasn't one of the challenges in 2014-15 (other than the injury) that he played less with Wheeler? Felt like Fro had a very long stretch with Ladd and Little.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
IMO, I don't think there is no question that Ladd will be traded...he is on the third line, and still there for a time being and who knows for how long...how is anyone going to negotiate first line money/term when someone is on the third line...to me its afait accompli.

Buff has more upside and more value to the team as he can be sent up to forward in a pinch, and taking into his play this season, seems to have earned a look at negotiation for a position of dman on the team.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
IMO, I don't think there is no question that Ladd will be traded...he is on the third line, and still there for a time being and who knows for how long...how is anyone going to negotiate first line money/term when someone is on the third line...to me its afait accompli.

Buff has more upside and more value to the team as he can be sent up to forward in a pinch, and taking into his play this season, seems to have earned a look at negotiation for a position of dman on the team.

It's not about which line you play on but your production. If Ladd is still producing at a first line rate while on the "3rd" line, then he's still essentially a first liner.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I suppose. Regardless, he outscored Wheeler.

It's interesting people have always felt Ladd and Little are inseparable but I think Wheeler and Little mesh even better. Little seems to be "the" guy that brings the best out of players.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
It's interesting people have always felt Ladd and Little are inseparable but I think Wheeler and Little mesh even better. Little seems to be "the" guy that brings the best out of players.

Little keeps them on the better side of center more often than not. That is a big help.

Little is also 22nd in NHL scoring, just shy of a point per game, this year. I hope he keeps it up.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Little keeps them on the better side of center more often than not. That is a big help.

Little is also 22nd in NHL scoring, just shy of a point per game, this year. I hope he keeps it up.

Little has been excellent for most of the year, and is a key cog on that top line. He and Wheeler have really driven the success of that line, regardless of linemates (especially this season).

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Really liked Ladd's last two games. Stupid penalty aside.

He's been turning the puck over a ton this year. That hasn't changed. Not moving his feet. Simply giving the puck away. Uncharacteristically. But that doesn't seem to be improving as the season goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad