Confirmed with Link: Andrew Ladd UFA- 7yrs/ 5.5 AAV

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
KO and Nielsen left because they do not believe in Snow and Cappy are good enough to bring the Cup and also because of the Brooklyn day travel.

Hope JT does not feel the same way or he would be gone in 2 years too.

KO mentioned in his interview that he believes that he can win a cup with Buffalo. Maybe this is true or maybe just trying to get back to Snow.

Ladd is good but Isles are terribly weak at RW so what are they going to do about it now especially JHS is still 1 or 2 years away. Guess Bailey will get top line spot again or they are still hoping that Strome will convert to RW successfully.

Would LOVE to know where you got that from. Nielsen literally said Brooklyn had nothing to do with it. Did KO say that?

Rhino1985

Jul 3, 2015
KO and Nielsen left because they do not believe in Snow and Cappy are good enough to bring the Cup and also because of the Brooklyn day travel.

Hope JT does not feel the same way or he would be gone in 2 years too.

KO mentioned in his interview that he believes that he can win a cup with Buffalo. Maybe this is true or maybe just trying to get back to Snow.

Ladd is good but Isles are terribly weak at RW so what are they going to do about it now especially JHS is still 1 or 2 years away. Guess Bailey will get top line spot again or they are still hoping that Strome will convert to RW successfully.

How often do you talk to KO and Nielsen? It's pretty cool that you get to have chats with them about the organization.

Marlo Stanfield

My Name Is My Name
Jun 11, 2011
Long Island, NY
Honestly, I'm happy we signed him. Much like most FA signing these days, you have to tack on an extra year or two to make it happen.

Would 5 or 6 years makes more sense for Ladd? Sure. But someone (even if not us) is going to give him 7. Cap hit/$$ is very fair IMO.

Also, as a player, Ladd makes this team better. Consistent (unlike Okposo), physical (unlike Frans or KO), and a leader/well respected for both organizations he's played for.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Honestly, I'm happy we signed him. Much like most FA signing these days, you have to tack on an extra year or two to make it happen.

Would 5 or 6 years makes more sense for Ladd? Sure. But someone (even if not us) is going to give him 7. Cap hit/$$ is very fair IMO.

Also, as a player, Ladd makes this team better. Consistent (unlike Okposo), physical (unlike Frans or KO), and a leader/well respected for both organizations he's played for.

The most important thing.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
The most important thing.

No the most important thing is apparently keeping guys that haven't gotten us past the 2nd round and not replacing them with Stanley Cup winners and proven playoff performers. We should have signed AMac to that 6-year deal a while back and not replaced him with Nick Leddy, because change is stupid.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Ladd was the number 5 UFA and we landed him. KO and FN wanted to move on. Time for the fans to move on as well. Ladd is gonna be good for the isles.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
No the most important thing is apparently keeping guys that haven't gotten us past the 2nd round and not replacing them with Stanley Cup winners and proven playoff performers. We should have signed AMac to that 6-year deal a while back and not replaced him with Nick Leddy, because change is stupid.

Let me say I like the signing of Ladd for you guys. Great two-way guy who adds scoring and physicality.

I'm just not sure the bolded is entirely accurate. He's never produced in the playoffs. He's got 18 career points in 64 games. Okposo, for instance, has 15 in only 24 career games.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Ladd should be healthy and motivated.
You should get 3 good years out of him.
25+ goals and a physical edge.
He's produced as a top line player playing against the leagues best players.

He was on a 8 goals in 11 game stretch when the Jets traded him last year. The sports hernia surgery is behind him.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
I'm happy with this as a whole. I think Ladd is a more consistent player than ko. Although he brings less offense, he is more of an experienced leader. The only qualm is ladd's term. May be a bit long, but we haven't gotten there yet. If Ladd proves to be a better and more valuable player than ko, in the short-term, than this switch would be very worthwhile. Also, with the offensive youth in the pipeline, ko is replaceable.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@NHL_AaronWard
Ladd contract with #NYI is $1 M per year and the remainder comes via signing bonus.

Her, der, Wang is cheap, derp, derp

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@DarrenDreger
Signing bonus for Ladd. $7mil,$6.5,$5,$4,$3,$3,$3. No move first two years. No trade next 2. Ltd no trade last 3.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
@NHL_AaronWard
Ladd contract with #NYI is $1 M per year and the remainder comes via signing bonus.

Her, der, Wang is cheap, derp, derp

Well that is good news make it easy to trade him . lol

@DarrenDreger
Signing bonus for Ladd. $7mil,$6.5,$5,$4,$3,$3,$3. No move first two years. No trade next 2. Ltd no trade last 3.

Well maybe not that is still 4M for his last 3 seasons. All that being said Islander could dump him after the bonus comes out(July 1) in any of those 3 years and a cap min team might bite

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Hopefully the next expansion(after Vegas 2017) is in 2019 or later then we can leave him exposed

I don't understand this, would you say the same for anyone we signed? This makes zero sense. If you sign someone for 7 years of course the expectation is going to be protecting them. Especially someone with Ladd's caliber.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I don't understand this, would you say the same for anyone we signed? This makes zero sense. If you sign someone for 7 years of course the expectation is going to be protecting them. Especially someone with Ladd's caliber.

I would like that option being open to us 3 years from now, anything wrong with that? And if his play warrants being worth his contract we can protect him then(I probably should have worded it differently). All that being said his caphit is going to be a negative by the last 2-3 years of that deal.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I would like that option being open to us 3 years from now, anything wrong with that? And if his play warrants being worth his contract we can protect him then(I probably should have worded it differently). All that being said his caphit is going to be a negative by the last 2-3 years of that deal.

his no move is two years, so only for Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad