Andrew Ebbett - The Little Engine That Couldn't

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
It is a joke that he is playing, a total and complete joke. First shift out there is gets thrown into the freaking bench... he brings nothing to the team, no physical play, no offence, nothing... Our center depth is awful.... or is it our winger depth, one of them is depending on what position Roy is playing.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Yea sure Schroeder hits like a truck, and boy dose he bring the offence...

... cept when Schroeder was on the 4th line every one cried that it was imposible to generate offence with those line mates.

Though we should stack 3 lines of offence and have a "goon line" on the forth

No one here is saying he should be racking up points, they are saying he is a terrible fit on the fourth line. Much like Schreoder was, however JS would be a huge step up, as he brings a lot more.

For the lines, I am assuming JS is hurt at this point, and if we are balancing our lines I would like to see something like this.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner

King of the ES*

No one here is saying he should be racking up points, they are saying he is a terrible fit on the fourth line. Much like Schreoder was, however JS would be a huge step up, as he brings a lot more.

What more does he bring? How would Schroeder be such an improvement over Ebbett on the 4th line?

He wouldn't, and it's total nonsense to think that he'd have any larger of an impact. Schroeder was totally and completely invisible for the bulk of his time on the Canucks when he was in a bottom-six role. Ebbett is not a bottom-six player, either, but who should go in instead? Sestito? Maybe, but is it an upgrade?

Ebbett can and should be tried on the PP if it continues to falter. He was once a very productive PP player on Anaheim, and it's worth a try if guys like the Sedin's, Kesler, and Burrows continue to play like it's a pre-season game.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

For the lines, I am assuming JS is hurt at this point, and if we are balancing our lines I would like to see something like this.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner

I don't want to see a balance like that. This team doesn't have enough talent to score, so spreading the offense like that isn't going to work. We need to essentially load up 2 lines with our top forwards, and put Lapierre on our 3rd line and use our 4th VERY sparingly.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
What more does he bring? How would Schroeder be such an improvement over Ebbett on the 4th line?

He wouldn't, and it's total nonsense to think that he'd have any larger of an impact. Schroeder was totally and completely invisible for the bulk of his time on the Canucks when he was in a bottom-six role. Ebbett is not a bottom-six player, either, but who should go in instead? Sestito? Maybe, but is it an upgrade?

Ebbett can and should be tried on the PP if it continues to falter. He was once a very productive PP player on Anaheim, and it's worth a try if guys like the Sedin's, Kesler, and Burrows continue to play like it's a pre-season game.
OMG. . you are seriously suggesting putting Ebbett on the PP?? You do know when Ebbett was a productive player like 5 years ago right? he's not the same player anymore and he won't get Perry and Getzlaf playing with him. Seisto at least brings more toughness than Ebbett and won't get hit into the bench. It's not like 4th line can generate any offensive with Ebbett there anyways. Schreoder has better offensive speed and defensive play than Ebbett. Also, Schroeder on the PP makes way more sense than Ebbett.

King of the ES*

OMG. . you are seriously suggesting putting Ebbett on the PP?? You do know when Ebbett was a productive player like 5 years ago right? he's not the same player anymore and he won't get Perry and Getzlaf playing with him. Seisto at least brings more toughness than Ebbett and won't get hit into the bench. It's not like 4th line can generate any offensive with Ebbett there anyways. Schreoder has better offensive speed and defensive play than Ebbett. Also, Schroeder on the PP makes way more sense than Ebbett.

First of all, Ebbett's 29 years old. He's not 37. "Not the same player anymore"? All I brought up was the fact that he had one very productive PP year in Anaheim, which he did. If our guys aren't getting it done, I wouldn't be opposed with putting him out there. You need to realize that we're now basically in desperation mode. A loss tomorrow night would likely signal the end of the season. We don't really have the luxury to wait for our "stars" to get their act together.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007

Ya and Cam Barker was once a very productive PP player on Chicago

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
First of all, Ebbett's 29 years old. He's not 37. "Not the same player anymore"? All I brought up was the fact that he had one very productive PP year in Anaheim, which he did. If our guys aren't getting it done, I wouldn't be opposed with putting him out there. You need to realize that we're now basically in desperation mode. A loss tomorrow night would likely signal the end of the season. We don't really have the luxury to wait for our "stars" to get their act together.

Desperation mode does not mean you do something stupid as putting Ebbett on the PP lol. That's suicide mode.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Jordan Schroeder should go in instead.

Why in the blue hell would we try Ebbett on the PP??? The guy isn't an NHL player and doesn't even belong on Rogers Arena ice, let alone on the PP. :facepalm:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jordan Schroeder should go in instead.

Why in the blue hell would we try Ebbett on the PP??? The guy isn't an NHL player and doesn't even belong on Rogers Arena ice, let alone on the PP. :facepalm:

No doubt. I'd even put Burrows back at C if it meant the end of this guy, he adds nothing.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner

If you read the post I quoted, he said that since Ebbitt only had 1 hit and 1 shot on the 4th line, and we should play Schroeder instead, so my post holds up.

If we put Schroeder on the 4th line, the same thing happens, like it did earlier in the year, the difference is people will cry he is not given a fair chance to succeed.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
If you read the post I quoted, he said that since Ebbitt only had 1 hit and 1 shot on the 4th line, and we should play Schroeder instead, so my post holds up.

If we put Schroeder on the 4th line, the same thing happens, like it did earlier in the year, the difference is people will cry he is not given a fair chance to succeed.

Put Lapierre on the 4th line... Play Schroeder with Raymond and Hansen where he was great.

King of the ES*

I'm not suggesting that we try it, I'm just saying that it wouldn't bother me. If the Sedin's, Burrows, Roy, and Kesler continue to float around and add zero value in G2 like they did in G1, and if the PP's as ineffective as it was last night, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Due to last night's no-show, there's not really time to baby our stars and work them through their PP problems. Get someone else in there if they can't perform under pressure.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

out of all of the things you possibly could of suggested, you decide to say to put Andrew ****ing Ebbett on the power play

ridiculous

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA

1de8e7e2_NicolasCageLaugh.gif

arsmaster*

I find it funny we all want to blame Ebbett for the rest of the team sucking. Especially #22 and #33.

Ebbett is not the problem.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
I'm not suggesting that we try it, I'm just saying that it wouldn't bother me. If the Sedin's, Burrows, Roy, and Kesler continue to float around and add zero value in G2 like they did in G1, and if the PP's as ineffective as it was last night, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Due to last night's no-show, there's not really time to baby our stars and work them through their PP problems. Get someone else in there if they can't perform under pressure.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Gaunce or Lain would probably be next then.

I wouldn't mind checking out Lain. Worst case scenario you have a 6'6 plug at center on the 4th line that wins face-offs.

Yea Im leaning toward that sort of option, Just have some big guys down there to Bang bodies and give energy, then shorten the bench in the 3rd, there is just no point in having small guys on the 4th, also would like to see what happens without Raymond in the line up, While Im at it I also would like to see Kesler used like Ovi, with less of a shot but also back checks.

This was an idea I posted in the PGT

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows/Kassian
Kesler, Roy, Higgins
Hansen, Lappy, Burrows/Kassian
Weise, Mallet, Pinner/Sesito/Archibald

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
I have been saying since day-freaking-one when he was our second line centre. He is 100% manure. And he isn't the kind of player you want on your fourth line, either. Your fourth line should have Sestito/Lappy types. Remember Boston's in 2011? Paille/Campbell/Thornton. Heart and soul bruisers who punish on the forecheck and grind out shots on goal. Not 5'9" journeyman centres with hands that make Hansen look like Jagr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad