Andrew Ebbett - The Little Engine That Couldn't

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
When the only defense for a player is to blame others for not carrying him you know you have a problem.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Reading comprehension sure seems difficult around here. The question isn't whether Ebbett is the reason we lost, it's what does he add to our lineup? The answer is quite simply, nothing...absolutely nothing.

Nope, not quite nothing. He subtracts better players from the lineup. So he's worse than nothing.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
at this point what do you even say...he was a liability all year, he was a liability in game 1, and he'll be a liability in any game he dresses from this point forward

would like to say i'm pretty much done getting so angry at the selection of a 12th forward, but then i look at his stats after every game he plays and get angrier

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
There should be no Ebbett

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Roy - Kesler
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

END OF STORY!! F'in AV.

What does Ebbett bring to the table that gives him a spot on a playoff roster?

Grit: No
Offense: No
Size: No
Speed: Meh
Faceoffs: No
Toughness: No

Replace him with pretty much anyone else, at least the other plugs like Sestito and Pinnizzotto can each provide at least one of the qualities listed.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
When he got knocked into the San Jose bench, I was hoping he would stay there. I don't actually have a problem with Ebbett. He's being told to to play and he is doing it. AV is the idiot that keeps putting him out there. When Raymond was playing like garbage in past seasons, AV would repeatedly throw him on the 2nd line which caused people to hate on Raymond when it was really AV trying to force something that would never ever work. I am so sick of AV. His hate for Ballard is worse than my hate for him.

adamzilla

Mar 9, 2008
Vancouver
This team has much bigger problems then our 4th liner who has little impact on the game. Swapping him with any other AHL player won't do ****.

thread is as pointless as one can get

Isn't this a problem? Shouldn't it be fixed?

If a player is ineffective and has little impact on the game, then he shouldn't be in the NHL.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Hes Useless. 1 Hit and 1 Shot last night and didnt take any faceoffs... I mean cmon, put Schroeder in.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Hes Useless. 1 Hit and 1 Shot last night and didnt take any faceoffs... I mean cmon, put Schroeder in.

The 4th line combine for 10 hits last night and Ebbett only provided 1 of those and it was rubbing out the defense on the forecheck which was pretty surprising because he usually turns away instead of finishing his check. He provided nothing last night in a game where his line mates were playing physical

Type Not Specified

Part of the process
Oct 1, 2010
Vancouver
Is there anyone outside of our coaching staff who actually thought Ebbett was the best option for the 4th line last night? Like, literally anyone?

I don't think it would have made any difference in the game, but AV constantly makes these baffling lineup decisions and it just makes you shake your head.

ValidVick*

I think Ebbett and Rome either have naked photos of AV or AV is the dumbest coach the Canucks have ever had... take your picks.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
This team has much bigger problems then our 4th liner who has little impact on the game. Swapping him with any other AHL player won't do ****.

thread is as pointless as one can get

This is part of the fundamental problem with the organization too. "It doesn't matter whose on our 4th line!!!!"

St Louis would beg to differ. Their 4th line DOMINATED LA's 1st line all night on Tuesday.

EDIT:

And the Blues 4th line was Reaves- Porter- Cracknell...

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
AV needs to get his **** together, Ebbett playing over a big body/good FOer in Lain or a skilled C in Schroeder?

Garrison playing 2nd Unit PP, Hansen playing on the PP? Alberts and Corrado playing almost 15 Mins in the first game.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
This is part of the fundamental problem with the organization too. "It doesn't matter whose on our 4th line!!!!"

St Louis would beg to differ. Their 4th line DOMINATED LA's 1st line all night on Tuesday.

EDIT:

And the Blues 4th line was Reaves- Porter- Cracknell...

Thank goodness we didn't have to play that team in the first round. That 4th line is scary as hell.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Yea sure Schroeder hits like a truck, and boy dose he bring the offence...

... cept when Schroeder was on the 4th line every one cried that it was imposible to generate offence with those line mates.

Though we should stack 3 lines of offence and have a "goon line" on the forth

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
I think Ebbett and Rome either have naked photos of AV or AV is the dumbest coach the Canucks have ever had... take your picks.

I'd kill for Rome to be on this roster right now. He's an NHL-quality, bottom pairing defenceman. The problem with him was that AV was using him like a top 4 D. The problem with Ebbett is that he's an AHL-calibre player who shouldn't be anywhere close to a team with cup aspirations for more than a game or two.

edit: that is to say that I'd kill for Rome with the provision that AV wasn't around to fawn over him.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
AV should get more hate than Ebbett for making Ebbett an everyday player, which he simply isn't. Ebbett in the lineup is the least of my worries.

Castle1*

AV should get more hate than Ebbett for making Ebbett an everyday player, which he simply isn't. Ebbett in the lineup is the least of my worries.

Agreed. AV is a much bigger problem and has been for a year.

Gillis has obviously not done enough if Ebbett needs to be used so much.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Agreed. AV is a much bigger problem and has been for a year.

Gillis has obviously not done enough if Ebbett needs to be used so much.

We have capable fourth line players, AV refuses to use them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad