Andrew Ebbett - The Little Engine That Couldn't

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
What does Ebbett bring to the table that gives him a spot on a playoff roster?

Grit: No
Offense: No
Size: No
Speed: Meh
Faceoffs: No
Toughness: No

Replace him with pretty much anyone else, at least the other plugs like Sestito and Pinnizzotto can each provide at least one of the qualities listed.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not an everyday player, and especially not an everyday playoff player. Can fill in on the fourth line for a game or two, but that should be about it.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Ebbett is on survival mode every time he is out there to not get hurt.

He is only there to replace the missing part in AV's heart for Rome.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Not an everyday player, and especially not an everyday playoff player. Can fill in on the fourth line for a game or two, but that should be about it.

This pretty much sums it up, he is a good player for filling in and is capable of playing well in small doses yet AV keeps playing him game after game when there is better options for the 4th line sitting in the press box

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
At this point I would take almost any of the black aces on the 4th line instead of him.

I feel like I'm watching a teenage boy house league player compete with men every time he is on the ice.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Even with the AV-plug-love, I would have rather had another guy who you know is going to bang on that line. I really don't understand the Ebbett fixation.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Darren Archibald has looked good all year, I don't know how he'd react to being throwin into the fire but he can't be as bad as him.

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
Don't know why he was in the lineup in game 1. Especially since we didn't need anymore centers. He was playing wing... on the fourth line.

We need bigger bodies (on the fourth line). That's also why Alberts is in over Ballard right? Doesn't make sense.

CM-

Mar 15, 2007
Edmonton
Don't know why he was in the lineup in game 1. Especially since we didn't need anymore centers. He was playing wing... on the fourth line.

We need bigger bodies (on the fourth line). That's also why Alberts is in over Ballard right? Doesn't make sense.
Ballard would've been a better option on the 4th line than Ebbett. Heck I'd rather have Gaunce/Archibald or some random WHL signing or College signing (oh hey Lain). But alas no such luck.

Yes, lets get rid of Ebbett and then all our problems are solved

brilliant
Not saying it does it but if you get energy from the 4th line from their crashing and banging and they aren't hemmed in their own end it makes everything go a little better.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

HL of his game 1

should of been interference penalty btw. Beiska got called for it one which was same situation.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
This team has much bigger problems then our 4th liner who has little impact on the game. Swapping him with any other AHL player won't do ****.

thread is as pointless as one can get

little impact? Look at Weise today and how he hits and bring energy. Look at St Louis Reaves who bruised up Doughty all game. In a best of 4 series that stuff matters.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Being forced to ice someone like Ebbett says a lot about our C depth.

King of the ES*

Yeah, it's Andrew Ebbett's fault.

Nevermind that guys like Kesler, Burrows, Roy, and the Sedin's were utterly ineffective, let's pin our problems on a 4th-line winger like Ebbett.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Reading comprehension sure seems difficult around here. The question isn't whether Ebbett is the reason we lost, it's what does he add to our lineup? The answer is quite simply, nothing...absolutely nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad