Confirmed with Link: Andrew Cogliano to Avs for 2024 5th round pick

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Don't forget Logan O'Connor

Hopefully this pushes LOC to the 13th slot so he can be utilized as a rotation player and be fresh. He's one of those players that aren't very useful if he isn't going full tilt every shift, so he needs a game off here and there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Anyone have a fancy analytic diagram for him?
Here ya go:

sucks-happy-gilmore.gif

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
San Jose's PK is 3rd in the NHL (85.89%) and Cogliano leads their forwards in ice time (1:53).

It's not a sexy move, but I can see why it was made. Pushes Aube-Kubel and MacDermid out of the line-up and is an attempt to solidify Colorado's mediocre PK.

👍

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
San Jose's PK is 3rd in the NHL (85.89%) and Cogliano leads their forwards in ice time (1:53).

It's not a sexy move, but I can see why it was made. Pushes Aube-Kubel and MacDermid out of the line-up and is an attempt to solidify Colorado's mediocre PK.

👍
Bellemare replacement, in my eyes. Seems like a playoff type guy too, I remember him as being annoying.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I presume brought in for the PK and for playing on the 4th line versus certain teams.
Meh, but a 5th round pick so at least an okay trade I guess.
Also depth is never bad, and having competition for the last spots between Helm, LOC, NAK etc. is also never bad.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The addition of Cogliano is great insurance for the 4th line, and also puts a little bit of pressure on O'Connor who hasn't been playing well for the last ~2 months (0 goals in his last 33 games).

Reactions: klozge

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Three of Helm, Cogliano, JTC, LOC, NAK, MacDermid, and Newhook are gonna be watching every night, once Landy returns. Add 2 more of Bo, JMFJ, EJ, and Murray once Girard returns. Bednar is gonna play with this group the rest of the season and figure out who should be in the lineup come playoff time.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Three of Helm, Cogliano, JTC, LOC, NAK, MacDermid, and Newhook are gonna be watching every night, once Landy returns. Add 2 more of Bo, JMFJ, EJ, and Murray once Girard returns. Bednar is gonna play with this group the rest of the season and figure out who should be in the lineup come playoff time.
I find it hard to believe Newhook is in that group as much compared to the rest. Could it happen, sure. If he gets pushed around in the playoffs. But his offense is just great. Hopefully with Lek on his line it will make him better protected.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
This is decent, if anything he's interchangeable with Helm, and is a beast on the PK. Also a vet that's hungry to win it, gets chippy come playoff time.

Last edited:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Joe just needs a time machine to get Helm and Cogliano back to their prime years. Cogliano-Helm-LOC at the top of their games would be an absolutely hilarious line to watch, would be like there's 8 players out there for the Avs with how relentless and fast the three would be
I'm hoping Cogs/Helm still have a little juice left for one more run, but I'm certainly not counting on it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I feel like there were some other guys that went for a 4th that I’d rather have
Seems more like this was a low-key veteran presence add. I am glad that he has brilliant PKer numbers and can still skate, but his puck skills and offensive talent has washed away. I also have issues with him against the physical game, as he's a potential turnover machine against strong forecheques (akin to Maltsev).

Definitely would've rather gotten Larsson for a third , Carpenter for a 5th, or Motte for a 4th. Carpenter was very impressive in the Vegas' playoff runs.

E: Also MacDermid went for a higher pick than Cog lol.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Seems more like this was a low-key veteran presence add. I am glad that he has brilliant PKer numbers and can still skate, but his puck skills and offensive talent has washed away. I also have issues with him against the physical game, as he's a potential turnover machine against strong forecheques (akin to Maltsev).

Definitely would've rather gotten Larsson for a third , Carpenter for a 5th, or Motte for a 4th. Carpenter was very impressive in the Vegas' playoff runs.

E: Also MacDermid went for a higher pick than Cog lol.
Because they bring different facets to the game. Being possibly the best intimidator in the game means something. He's literally shut down players from the opposition with his presence.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
What’s good about this is that for the rest of the season, all the bottom 6 are going to get rest and should be full of energy come playoff time.

I think this bodes well for guys like LOC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad