Andrew Barroway - Coyotes majority owner.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No, it's better than that. The new buyer is buying half the team, but that is paying off the financing. If this goes through, they essentially bought 49% of an NHL team(here or elsewhere) for $0.00. Easy choice. 100% of a team with a mountain of debt or 49% of a team valued at 300 something million with very little investment at all. Impressive.

A great business deal, and the asset will keep on appreciating. Like the old saying goes, it takes money to make money.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
From Shoalts of all people:

Quote:
While talks are under way, sources familiar with the Coyotes’ finances say it is unlikely a sale is imminent.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly declined to discuss the situation, but he did indicate something “positive” may be in store for the Coyotes.

“There’s nothing I can share other than to say that there is no concern at all about the franchise or its future in Arizona,” Daly wrote in an e-mail message. “If anything happens, and nothing has to this point, it will only be a positive for the franchise.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-coyotes-from-changing-hands/article20906156/

To date.... Shoalt's only two "familiar sources" with regards to the Coyotes has been Richard Rodier and Phil Lieberman.

Since then he's been pretty much leeching off everyone else's speculation.

Your mileage may vary.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
From Jim Baumbach, with NY Newsday:

"Andrew Barroway has dropped his lawsuit against Charles Wang, according to court filing."

This was a condition of a possible purchase within IceArizona.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
THN hypothesizing move to Vegas:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/c...s-sale-be-a-precursor-to-a-move-to-las-vegas/

I will remain in wait-and-see mode. No one in the front office would admit they're looking to move if actively exploring options and there will always be speculation. Fans will always be in the dark. I'll just go to the games and hope there's NHL hockey in the Valley for years to come while holding out hope for a return of the Roadrunners in the Coyotes bolt at some point in the future.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/c...s-sale-be-a-precursor-to-a-move-to-las-vegas/

I will remain in wait-and-see mode. No one in the front office would admit they're looking to move if actively exploring options and there will always be speculation. Fans will always be in the dark. I'll just go to the games and hope there's NHL hockey in the Valley for years to come while holding out hope for a return of the Roadrunners in the Coyotes bolt at some point in the future.

Article's full of speculation and one glaring error....

The red flag here is that after only a year, the Coyotes are looking for investors and are willing to sell a majority stake in the team.

The Coyotes had already issued a statement that this was an unsolicited investor. Meaning the investor came knocking on their door.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Campbell's an idiot, as are most of the Canadian writers at THN. They have the stsereotypical chip on their shoulder regarding southern teams.

It's just as plausible that Barroway believes that an influx of talent born of dollars to spend on said talent will make a successful team in this the greatest sport on earth a financial winner as well..... no matter the market.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I am so, so tired of this ****. I was way too stressed out last time and refuse to stress again. They want to take the team, fine. I'll put my money into Cards tickets.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
I am so, so tired of this ****. I was way too stressed out last time and refuse to stress again. They want to take the team, fine. I'll put my money into Cards tickets.

It's Friday, its about 85 out. Theres hockey tonight. And beer should be consumed. Leave tomorrow's problems for tomorrow.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

While relocation in 4 years is definitely a realistic scenario, I ignore pretty much always ignore anything the Hockey News says.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
NHL sources: Impending Coyotes deal brings financial stability

NHL sources confirmed Barroway originally wanted to buy the entire team, but IceArizona did not want to leave the ownership group, so he agreed to a 51 percent stake.

The $305 million equity valuation of the team that the Post reported is accurate. Barroway is buying 51 percent based on that valuation.

IceArizona has had several conversation with Barroway about its desire to keep the team in the Valley, and Barroway has agreed it makes sense.

The infusion of capital would allow IceArizona to wipe out its loan from Fortress Investment Group

The infusion of capital and an improved balance sheet would mean more financial flexibility for the Coyotes than they have ever enjoyed in the Valley. That flexibility would absolutely allow them to increase payroll, although an exact increase amount is still unclear.

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/st...barroway-s-impending-deal-with-coyotes-100314

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

KG

Sep 23, 2010
so i'm guessing nine out of ten coyotes fans are so jaded by now that their only responses to that article are either "what's the catch?" or "yeah right, i'll believe it when i see it". Haha. I'm certainly in that group. :laugh:

qft..

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So I'm guessing nine out of ten Coyotes fans are so jaded by now that their only responses to that article are either "What's the catch?" or "Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it". Haha. I'm certainly in that group. :laugh:

I dunno, I'm actually kind of digging Ken Campbell's conspiracy theory now that I've had some time to think it over. Moving the Coyotes from Glendale to Las Vegas would be just the kind of catastrophically stupid, ridiculously empty-headed, ludicrous event that might finally allow me to give up on the NHL altogether. :D

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
So I'm guessing nine out of ten Coyotes fans are so jaded by now that their only responses to that article are either "What's the catch?" or "Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it". Haha. I'm certainly in that group. :laugh:

Yup. On the flip side, BOH has already concluded this will result in us definitely relocating and that's it. I haven't looked there yet, but I don't need to, to confirm it.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Having had the displeasure of personally meeting Ken Campbell, I can confirm that he's a knob. Definitely a relocationist as well. Biased. Brush his work aside.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If this goes through, It will give us the capital to attract high end talent. This makes me very excited for our future now as we will have a bigger budget.

Times out well. We'll need that money as soon as next season. It's going to cost at least $9 million to re-sign Vermette and Boedker.

He Lied to Mario

May 16, 2009
Just so I have this straight, when it took four years for the league to sell the team it meant that no one wanted to own a team in Phoenix. Now that it took a year for someone to want to buy the same team, it means that no one wants to own a team in Phoenix. Hope I got that right.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I see your in a better mood today.:)
I don't think there is a catch. With the Clippers deal, the economy starting to improve, and the Rogers deal, this franchise is a appreciating asset.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just so I have this straight, when it took four years for the league to sell the team it meant that no one wanted to own a team in Phoenix. Now that it took a year for someone to want to buy the same team, it means that no one wants to own a team in Phoenix. Hope I got that right.

I don't think you do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad