Injury Report: Andrej Meszaros: torn rotator cuff, left shoulder surgery; Gustafasson up

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
Poor Mez. Probably best to hang up the skates before things get even worse.

Sucks, but at least it'll get Gus skating up here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Outside of Hartnell, Coburn is probably the only piece the Flyers have left they can move that would end up getting a very nice return. As much as I despise the guy, I realize that there are teams out there that would be enamored with his physical gifts and would probably give up quite a bounty to land a 28 year old, 6'5, swift skating defenseman. There'd be no reason to believe that the Flyers couldn't land a blue chip prospect, a 1st and young roster player for him. It'd be a nice way to kick off the rebuild. Yep, using that word that should have been used back in 2007.

I'm slowly coming to the same conclusion. I still cling to some hope, but it's increasingly looking like he's never going to be a go to guy. He's looking more and more like a permanent complementary player. If someone wants to offer a great deal for him, it has to be taken.

I assumed at first that he's been playing with some sort of injury, but I doubt it now. It's been long enough that some sort of rumor should have surfaced if that were the case.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
If you're shopping Hartnell I'd look right to San Jose and do a Hartnell for Clowe and a 2nd swap. Same type of player and I think Clowe costs less?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Mez has sucked but was hoping he would get traded. Now mer glass is hurt again.

Honestly, wouldnt be surprised if he is one of the buyouts.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
But seriously other then the name was Mez that much better than when Gus played?

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Well, I am not a person who believes in god(s), or karma, and that stuff, but come on man. Seems like Mez always gets hurt somehow. :help:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Gus has been pretty awful as well IMO.

Gus was fine until he got hurt. After that, he played tentative and was making bad decisions. And when you really look into things, he's played how many NHL games? I don't think he's been really given a legitimate shot to be honest. His mandate has been pretty much "play mistake free and if you don't, you're going to lose ice time and be demoted to Adirondack."

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Gus was fine until he got hurt. After that, he played tentative and was making bad decisions. And when you really look into things, he's played how many NHL games? I don't think he's been really given a legitimate shot to be honest. His mandate has been pretty much "play mistake free and if you don't, you're going to lose ice time and be demoted to Adirondack."

Yeah this is how I feel about it as well. Rookies and young players are going to make mistakes, and if you want them to develop, you have to deal with it. Sending him up and down does nothing but kill a young player's confidence. The constant adjustment between leagues isn't much better either.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There wasn't any reason Gus wasn't here in the first place unless everyone felt he lost his confidence. It's called growing pains. But this team wouldn't know anything about that when it comes to defensemen coming up from the minors.

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
Put Gus with L. Schenn. Put Timonen with Gervais. Then Coburn and Foster. Or call up Manning or something 'cause this is getting nasty.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Well in the bigger picture, with our injuries adding up, we are almost looking certain to get a top three pick and anyone of Jones, MacKinnon or Drioun is highly appealing .......so at least going forward, we will be looking very good overall....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad