Rumor: Andrei Markov wants to return to the NHL next season, preferably with the Canadiens

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Markov as a coach?

I guess most of you missed the time the miked him and the "general" gurgled something like....you go there, I go here.

Ha was, notice the word was a great player and covered up for some flotsam we had and generously called "defensman". Komisarek comes to mind. But now, this is all a stunt to get the last few millions.

I'm willing to bet a half bottle of warm beer that he's not getting a decent contract from Kazan and trying one last time to milk a few million.

HARD pass.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I think he can still be alright, Jagr played till he was like 45 and was still amazing. age is just a number but yes chances are he wont have what it takes to compete in the NHL again. but I wouldn't say it's impossible. I saw a video of him at the gym recently guy's a beast, doesn't look 40 in the video I saw.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
who knows, maybe he could be decent on the 3rd pairing and do some work on the powerplay

do what they did with turtleneck

if it works out it works out

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Markov is pretty much done but we’re not really contending or anything. I’m not against bringing him in to hit 1,000 games and then terminating the deal like we did Plekanec.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Markov missed 13 games and had 14 points in the KHL. Less then half he had year before at 33 points. KHL, less then glorified AHL league.

Markov is done. I'm not in favor of giving out contracts like participation ribbons. Or sentimental reasons.

If scrounging dumpsters for defenseman is the goal, there are better, younger players in the KHL like Paul Postma, Patrick Hersley, Philip Larsen and a few others who would fill that precious number 7 position.
You should look his season at 33 years old in the KHL and what he did after in the NHL.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Give him a 1yr, 1M contract so he can get his 1000 games and in the process you have him in your locker room mentoring Mete, Juulsen, etc...

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Markov missed 13 games and had 14 points in the KHL. Less then half he had year before at 33 points. KHL, less then glorified AHL league.

Markov is done. I'm not in favor of giving out contracts like participation ribbons. Or sentimental reasons.

If scrounging dumpsters for defenseman is the goal, there are better, younger players in the KHL like Paul Postma, Patrick Hersley, Philip Larsen and a few others who would fill that precious number 7 position.

As the poster above said...Markov does not take the KHL seriously or even try, just look at each of his KHL stints...awful!

Then he comes to the NHL and completely tears it apart.

Reactions: stopclickbait

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I though he retired. What about Danny Markov? Does he want to come back, too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad