Confirmed with Link: Andrei Markov retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I really don't understand what was the thought process with management that summer.

There was only a one year term difference between the two parties on the term, and the habs were well below the salary cap.

He was still needed on that team, and showed that he could still play. Instead, they brought in mark streit, who lasted a couple games, and schlemko who was also on his last nhl stop.

.... And I haven't even began talking about the Alzner and Radulov fumbles.

Reactions: Oryxo

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Really not sure why a thread I started over a year ago got bumped at this particular time?

Still miss Markov tho. The most intelligent player I've seen play in my lifetime. I remember thinking he was better than Lidstrom but he just wasn't healthy enough to prove it.

Reactions: BarracudaMtl

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
He drove our powerplay. him and kovalev on the powerplay was just insane. Whoever took the shot in between them : streit-sourray-wiz-MAB- schneider ect...ect... all had career years playing between these two on the PP. ALL OF THEM.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Aaah, those endless discussions with Leafs fans about whether Tomas Kaberle was the better player. Time flies.

An absolute legend.

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
It's not defendable. It was peak Bergevin. Remember that is also the Summer when he traded away Sergachev, this losing his best dman and his best dman prospect the same Summer for almost nothing

Pretty sure he lost the room after that debacle and one of the reasons he had to wipe out the team clean lol.
Yup ....Markov and Sergachev for Drouin and Alzner is what it boiled down too.............wow

Reactions: abo9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad