Speculation: Andrei Kostitsyn wants to come back to NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He'd be an upgrade over Parenteau at the very least. I see no downside to giving him a one year deal. It isn't like there are any better options on the UFA market. Please bring him back!

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I think somebody will give him a chance, but I doubt it's MB.

He'll end up on a small market or rebuilding(Toronto?) team on a 1 year deal. In the right spot and frame of mind he can score 25. I'm just not sure he fits what MB looks for...

And what fits what MB is looking for? MOAR GRINE?!

AK46 is a proven 20 goal scorer, big body that hits, responsibly defensively, loves the city and the fans, a homegrown talent, etc.. Seriously, what's the harm on a 1 year 2.5mil contract? Not like it could be any worse than Briere, Murray, Cube, etc..

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
it scares me that some people suggest getting this guy is a no brainer.

He hasnt played in the NHL in 3 years and was essentially black listed.

He looked a step slow when he left, imagine now??

I really have a hard time with this board.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm sure we wont sign Petry either because Bergevin will offer like $3.75 or something stupid.

Bergevin isn't without mistakes. Sekac did more in 11 minutes last night than Smith-Pelly in 30 games here.

I don't think many people here WANT Kostitsyn. It's that we have Parenteau and Wiese playing top-9 on the right side. He's better than that.

I agree on your Kostitsyn point.

DSP for Sekac is far from a mistake, Sekac has not shown anything more than skating fast and accomplishing nothing. DSP actually helped win a game and when he wasn't scoring he was running guys over.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He'd be an upgrade over Parenteau at the very least. I see no downside to giving him a one year deal. It isn't like there are any better options on the UFA market. Please bring him back!

I agree he would be an upgrade on Parenteau, but dumping Parenteau's 4 mil cap hit next year will be a challenge.

And what fits what MB is looking for? MOAR GRINE?!

AK46 is a proven 20 goal scorer, big body that hits, responsibly defensively, loves the city and the fans, a homegrown talent, etc.. Seriously, what's the harm on a 1 year 2.5mil contract? Not like it could be any worse than Briere, Murray, Cube, etc..

I just get the feeling Mb is not interested...I guess we'll find out...

it scares me that some people suggest getting this guy is a no brainer.

He hasnt played in the NHL in 3 years and was essentially black listed.

He looked a step slow when he left, imagine now??

I really have a hard time with this board.

Not sure where you get that he was black listed?

He didn't help his stock getting benched by Nashville for missing curfiew, but he also made pretty good money in the KHL and played top line minutes. A lot of very good players have gone to the KHL for the money and to be closer to home.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Don't have to give up anything and get a 20-goal scorer with a cheap salary? Yes please. Better than DSP, Pareanteau for the third line.

Absolute no-brainer.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
People on HF are a nostalgic bunch.

That x1000. I was going to use a more precise, but probably blacklisted word to describe that bunch of nostalgic guys, but I'll refrain.

The Kostitsyn of 5 years ago doesn't exist anymore. The one you want back is slower and in worse shape. And he hasn't played NHL-level, intense hockey in years. It would be a disaster here in Montreal.

And just a quick look at it: he was a 0.5 P/G in the last three years with Traktor. Jan Bulis, on the same team, was at 0.44 P/G...

If you want Kost badly, it basically mean you'd be fine with bringing Bulis back, too. :sarcasm:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Only on HF...bring up highlights of a former player in his prime (which wasn't that spectacular) ... claiming we should get him to fill our needs...

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
No way Bergy signs him but I'd take him back.

Free agency is so weak, we're going to see 40 point wingers like Justin Williams make 4.5-5 million per. I'd gladly take a risk on Kostitsyn for 1 million.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Don't have to give up anything and get a 20-goal scorer with a cheap salary? Yes please. Better than DSP, Pareanteau for the third line.

Absolute no-brainer.

My god. He's a 20 goal scorer now? He hasn't scored 20 since 2010/11 , but he get's to keep that label? lol, priceless.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Really? you like his soft and lazy game?

Only re-tread I'd take back is Whitey.

Typical answer of a xenophobic fan.

Might as well call him a criminal.

If AK is soft, so is Pacioretty and 90% of our forward.

He was never really a lazy player. I never got why he was accused of being lazy.. probably because he's from europe. I don't see much difference in his game compared to Latendresse or Pouliot or PAP.. just because he was born close from Russia, people calls him lazy.

I haven't seen him play in the KHL though. Apparently, he slowed down quite a lot but at 1M$.. why not. We just want to find some scoring ability for our 3rd line. AK and Eller played together before and they were quite good with Moen. Worth the try if cheap IMO.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
He was making 3 million almost tax free in the KHL.

I imagine he'll need around 3 to come back to the NHL.

1 year, 2.5-3million to play on the third line, and fill in on the top 6 would work I think.

I don't think you have been watching the demise of the ruble. It might have started at $3 million but it's probably closer to $1.5 million now.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Typical answer of a xenophobic fan.

Might as well call him a criminal.

If AK is soft, so is Pacioretty and 90% of our forward.

He was never really a lazy player. I never got why he was accused of being lazy.. probably because he's from europe. I don't see much difference in his game compared to Latendresse or Pouliot or PAP.. just because he was born close from Russia, people calls him lazy.

SK-Eller-AK would be a great line 3rd line.

When he was here, he probably had the best shot of any forward on the team. I wouldn't have called him lazy but he did look lost at times. On team with better structure and some maturity he could resurrect his career.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

FYI all three of those guys routinely get/got criticized for being lazy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad