Speculation: Andrei Kostitsyn wants to come back to NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
AK-Eller-Moen was a good line

AK's assist on one of Eller's goals in his 4-goal game against the Jets is one of my favourite hockey plays, pure filth!

68*

This guy scores goals. MT wants guys that dump the puck and backcheck to protect the deficit. He would not know what to do with this kind of player.

DaHabMan

Sep 23, 2008
Lasalle
he was one of my fave players when here. Since we are a team in "transition" he could bridge the gap until we get that young top 6 winger. i say yeh!

Nynja*

A 1 yr 1-1.5m contract for AK46 is a safe risk free play...MT would approve

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
i never wanted to trade him in the first place. his draft position and the player he became i suspect is the biggest reason why he is so disliked on this board and elsewhere. and the russian thing...

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I thought he was great, 20 goal scorer that could hit pretty hard. If we had kept sekac and had him eller and AK as our third line we would have a formidable 2nd/3rd line.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We need a stopgap until McCarron, Scherbak, and Reway are ready.

Why not Kostitsyn?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I would take him back but if he comes back it will likely be with a bottom feeder team. We sure could use a 20 goal scorer tho.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We need a stopgap until McCarron, Scherbak, and Reway are ready.

Why not Kostitsyn?

Exactly this!
He's by no means a saviour, but if you can get him on a 1yr contract for no more than a million, he'd be able to cover that left wing till our prospects start maturing and slowly start pushing him out of the line-up. If kids are not ready, sign him for another 1yr contract if you liked him, and so on and so forth

centrehice

Apr 26, 2007
He was making 3 million almost tax free in the KHL.

I imagine he'll need around 3 to come back to the NHL.

1 year, 2.5-3million to play on the third line, and fill in on the top 6 would work I think.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
AK > Prust, DSP , PAP , DLR, Mitchell, Flynn , Weise, Bournival/Ghetto/Thomas.

I bet you Eller would be ****ing thrilled to have him back. Hell AK > Regular season Eller.

PricePkPatch*

PTO with 2-way contract. That way we can bury him in Hamilton if he doesnt cut it.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He will sign with Toronto, book it. Babcock will assemble a rag tag bunch of veterans to band aid along while the younger players get experience. Toronto will be the hotbed of recycled vets/oversea players wanting another shot. :laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad