Player Discussion Andreas Martinsen

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I like that Martinsen is the only one of our new acquisitions to get his own thread! He sure as hell made an impression.

BTW, I don't count Nesterov since he's been around a while now.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
LeBrun says that the Habs feel he's a really hard hitter and that even though he's a UFA they want to work with him to make him a player.

around 6 minutes in,
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/lebrun-bergevin-wanted-size-and-got-it-1.686149

I want him signed even more than King.

I like that Martinsen is the only one of our new acquisitions to get his own thread! He sure as hell made an impression.

BTW, I don't count Nesterov since he's been around a while now.

Good catch. I'm sure Benn will be getting his own thread soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I want him signed even more than King.

we'll see how the season/playoffs play out, but it sounds like the Habs want to bring Martinsen back based off what LeBrun says. Plus with Flynn, Ott, King, Martinsen, Farnham all UFA's, they got to bring at least one if not 2 of them back. I assume DLR makes the team next year as a 4th line/spare forward but still need some other bodies as hopefully Hudon is a 3rd liner. There's Carr as well.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He has a pretty decent set of hands, I'm not expecting a top 6 forward or anything like that but he could be a very nice guy to have in the bottom six who brings a lot of physical play and can chip in 15-20 points a year.

He's played on a garbage team with awful coaching for 2 years, put him with a good team and good coach and he could definitely improve.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Bergevin was an idiot when he traded Raphael Diaz for Dale Weise.

Yes, the word idiot is used way too much on these anonymous boards. Strange that GM, coach and players are the only one that can be called idiots here...

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Anyone have video of any of his hits? My PVR for whatever reason only recorded 50 minutes of the game, was so disapointed. Heard he was hitting everything that moved.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm not going to lie, I never heard of this kid before we got him at the TDL but man, what a monster, we are finally heading in the right direction.:handclap:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not going to lie, I never heard of this kid before we got him at the TDL but man, what a monster, we are finally heading in the right direction.:handclap:

I think the only time I ever head of this guy is when he scored against us when we lost 4-0 to Colorado a few weeks ago. And that is me hearing his name. It's not something that stuck with me.

When we acquired him, I read somewhere that he scored against us and I remembered him after it was mentioned in an article I read.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Martinsen-Mitchell-McCarron

Triple Ms would create havoc.

I liked what Martinsen brought and Mitchell upped his game. McCarron and Flynn won't get back in the lineup unless there are 2 injuries. As it is one of Mitchell, Lehkonen, Martinsen, Ott, Byron, or King will sit when Rads returns. My money's on Lehkonen only because he doesn't play a role on the PP or PK. He played a great game himself.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
The new comer I was most interested in seeing... but I think King and Ott played really well, too. Benn also. Going to be some competition for roster spots on this team now.

would try and find a way to protect Benn, Emelin, not do much, why yo many errors made last night.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I liked his game, but it is only one game. I got a look at the Colorado board and fans over there are 95% in agreement that this guy sucks.

So yeah, Colorado is having troubles this season and may have been a reason for him to be a problem on ice.... but I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss an entire fan base opinion about this player.

But I hope he continues to play like that for sure :)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I liked his game, but it is only one game. I got a look at the Colorado board and fans over there are 95% in agreement that this guy sucks.

So yeah, Colorado is having troubles this season and may have been a reason for him to be a problem on ice.... but I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss an entire fan base opinion about this player.

Well, he can play good and we saw that last night and who wouldn't be relieved to get traded to a first placed team.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, it will take more than one game to get an accurate view of how he can contribute to the team.

However, this is a guy with tools. We need we needed a guy with his strength, size, and speed given how our team's overall athleticism seems fairly average (too many small/mid-sized, average skating players). I think we really need a couple athletic beasts on this team to complement the core.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
If he could score even twenty points in a season, it would be huge. Under a coach like Julien, he just might be able to achieve that. In any case it seems like his frame and willingness to take the body will add some needed grit.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Martinsen is from my part of the world, so I might be a bit biased - so take this with a grain of salt.

From what I've gleaned from possession stats, he is pretty much a neutral player, in that he doens't really have an impact either way - and that's a good thing for an NHL 4th liner (but not great). He is fast, physical and has a decent to good shot, but limited hockey IQ in the offensive zone. He is good at rebounds and such though, so if the team can have sustained time in the offensive zone, he can wreck havoc in the crease.

His defensive game is pretty good though, but maybe not that great at carrying the puck to safety, so don't expect him to carry the puck out and create that much.

I feel that his success, or lack off, will be determined pretty much by the quality of his line mates - maybe more so than other players.

On the pluss side, he has a lot of international experience, having played pretty much all the world championships since 2010, and had decent offensive numbers while playing in the German league (0.82 points/game, #16 in points overall).

From what I've heard from people more involved with local hockey, he's a really great guy too, who used to show up to every practice they'd let him, and even practiced with almost all the beer league teams just to have more ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad