Player Discussion Andreas Martinsen

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Great debut, big, strong, hard to knock off the puck, generated some chances, and man he hits like a truck

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Hopefully he keeps playing like that, could be a solid bottom liner to re-sign.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
He did a bit of everything in his debut. Some big hits, a beautiful feed, some shots on net, and a big block.

He skates well for a big man. I get some Chad kilger vibes from him in terms of skating and physicality.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
He looks like a player for the playoffs, solid game tonight.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
it's only one game but good god what a debut. he was unreal. how do we protect this guy from the expansion draft lol.

hey dsp went on an unholy tear with the Devils when he was first traded so i'm not gonna get too excited but sweet fancy moses he was great. from what avs fans were saying i thought he'd be our worst pick up.

sometimes certain players click on certain teams. i mean the avs have been a tire fire for awhile now. i'm gonna be patient but we could have a gem on our hands.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Colorado has become a Mickey Mouse organization and probably blew it with this kid.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
The new comer I was most interested in seeing... but I think King and Ott played really well, too. Benn also. Going to be some competition for roster spots on this team now.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
from what avs fans were saying i thought he'd be our worst pick up.

sometimes certain players click on certain teams. i mean the avs have been a tire fire for awhile now. i'm gonna be patient but we could have a gem on our hands.

That's why you should always take the opinion of emotional or frustrated fans on this board with a grain of salt and reserve judgement of a player until you've seen him play with your own eyes. According to the majority of the fans on this board, Bergevin was an idiot when he traded Raphael Diaz for Dale Weise.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I think Colorado has become a Mickey Mouse organization and probably blew it with this kid.
I'd be happy if he can be like a Turner Stevenson. Turner could hit, play defense, and occasionally fight. Stevenson was too high a pick for a 1st rounder but I remember one playoff were he got the job of shadowing Jagr and he did a good job at it. In Martinsen's case he has the size and is also a very good skater a lot better than Stevenson ever was. He is young and may still have upside, with good coaching who knows how better he can get.

As you say Colorado is a disaster right now, so all players can look worse than what they actually are.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
His skill sets are exactly what we need. I hope we can extend him because he is the perfect line 3/4 guy. And I'm sure the ladies don't mind watching him play either.

I'd be happy if he can be like a Turner Stevenson. Turner could hit, play defense, and occasionally fight. Stevenson was too high a pick for a 1st rounder but I remember one playoff were he got the job of shadowing Jagr and he did a good job at it. In Martinsen's case he has the size and is also a very good skater a lot better than Stevenson ever was. He is young and may still have upside, with good coaching who knows how better he can get.

As you say Colorado is a disaster right now, so all players can look worse than what they actually are.

Turner was my favorite Hab during his day. I know people said he had hands of stone, but I loved the way he played. I hate when he left our team.

Last edited by a moderator:

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Hopefully he gets more games to see if he is worth resigning. He is an UFA so you have to wonder if he's just a rental or possible longer term if he is interested in signing.

If Julien likes what he brings I'm sure he'll let MB know to give him an offer.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
He's quite a good skater with what seems to be an effortless skating stride, more skilled than your typical 4th liner but still very physical. This could be his best deal of the deadline, Andrighetto simply wasn't good enough to crack the top 9. Even with a team plagued by slumping players and injuries.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Played a hell of a game, surprised me big time.

Alex tanguay said that this kid actually has a lot of upside (and even offensive skills). He,s not really all that used to North American hockey yet and, once he meshes with it, he'll likely surprise plenty of observers.

Turner was my favorite Hab during his day. I know people said he had hands of stone, but I loved the way he played. I hate when he left our team.

People didn't invent it. He HAD HANDS OF STONE! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
When Rads returns and Gally falls back with Chucky, I would try Martinsen a couple of games with those two. He might just be what Chucky & Gally need.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Martinsen-Mitchell-McCarron

Triple Ms would create havoc.

Martinsen - Ott - McCarron

MOM - Men on a Mission

06.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad