Player Discussion Andreas Martinsen

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Trying to figure out what Martinsen brings. I just don't get it. Late hit after the player made a pass?
At least he hits:laugh:.

My mind is not made up with him.
What we see may not be his real potential.
I know he is older but this guy played in DEL for three seasons between 22 and 24 and then came to NHL.

To me he is still learning.
Anyway at 675K, he can be buried in AHL if needed without any SCap.

Again, we were going to loose Ghetto so...

Unless you think Ghetto was ahead of Lehkonen on top-6 or better than Byron in PK or better than Shaw on PP and in FO.
Ghetto was fast, good offense and bad defense.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Martinsen going forward. I thought he looked like he has some potential to develop into a good bottom-6 forward.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
The 6'3 220 norwegian monster is probably one of the strongest players in the league. I like his size, strength, speed and decent hands. Not many available spots for him on wings right now but I still feel Habs need what he brings on a regular basis. I wouldn't even be affraid to play him with some talented players.

I hope at least he'll become a regular on the fourth.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
The 6'3 220 norwegian monster is probably one of the strongest players in the league. I like his size, strength, speed and decent hands. Not many available spots for him on wings right now but I still feel Habs need what he brings on a regular basis. I wouldn't even be affraid to play him with some talented players.

I hope at least he'll become a regular on the fourth.

He doesn't bring it on a regular basis though.

Oct 22, 2012
And that's the problem. I really don't see what some other guys are seeing. He is not even remotely starting to be close to be physical like Emelin.

Funny, I think it's because of Emelin that we acquired Martinsen in the first place.

After laying a late hip check at the end of that 10-1 game against Colorado, Iginla was the first man to touch Emelin. After getting pushed back, Martinsen was quick to jump in and stand up for his team mates. You know MB loved seeing that.

I agree with you though, his first game was good then a whole lot of meh. Likely just a warm body.

Jul 6, 2016
Funny, I think it's because of Emelin that we acquired Martinsen in the first place.

After laying a late hip check at the end of that 10-1 game against Colorado, Iginla was the first man to touch Emelin. After getting pushed back, Martinsen was quick to jump in and stand up for his team mates. You know MB loved seeing that.

I agree with you though, his first game was good then a whole lot of meh. Likely just a warm body.

As a #13-14 forward ? yeah... But I would hope they would give better opportunities to Hudon, McCarron, even DLR.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Martinsen was as ineffectual as King. Would rather he just bash bodies down in the AHL.

Cmon man. King didn't even give one single effort. At least Martinsen tried. He's a big body who sits in the press box and gets a few games for the Habs on occasion.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Martinsen is probably just competition for DLR, DLR has to clear waivers so he should get a full time spot on the team and after that Martinsen is likely a 13th/14th forward or sent to Laval.

I liked him when he was on his game, but he was so inconsistent which is why he's just a depth guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad