Confirmed with Link: Andreas Martinsen signed by Avs

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
DEG has been my favorite German hockey team since I could barely walk. Martinsen is not good enough for the NHL. It's not close, just not a chance.

A number of people thought the same of Everberg.

We'll need to see how he adapts. He may very well never see NHL ice, but that remains to be seen

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don't think he'll even play a single game.

You underrestimate the sucking of our bottom six.

But if we are honest. It's probably for the best if people keep their hopes in Martinsen low. I would be remarkable if he made the jump to the NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why would they even bother to sign him if they aren't willing to give him a look at the NHL level? Roy didn't even care how Rendulic performed in the AHL, he wanted to see him. That's why I said if we are talking about play at all vs become an established NHL player. And trust me I'm not expecting a ton either.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
To see if he can be a potential bottom 6 forward. He'll probably play on the 2nd or 3rd line of San Antonio for a bit. People will watch him throughout the year to see if he's worthy to resign and bring back to challenge for a spot. If he shows his game can be effective in NA and his game improves in the AHL over the year, they'll let him challenge for a spot in 2016-2017. Once injuries occur for us, they'll probably bring him up for a look

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I have no words.
There Plotnikov sure that the summer will go to the NHL, and he is a free agent and he plays a hundred times better Martinsen, same World Championship confirms it.
But of course Plotnikov not go play for 700-900 thousand, so let's invite the Norwegian incomprehensible that everything shown in the World Championship - how to push in front of goal in power play.

We already went to fashion - to invite obscure large guys from Europe, when the other teams invited normal players and are not afraid of Russian factor.

That's the thing, if Plotkinov wont play for $950k or less, he cannot play in the NHL yet. CBA rules state that a European player 27 years old an under is only eligible for an Entry Level Contract, which caps at $950k salary, plus bonuses, and term determined by age (1 year for 24-27).

R S

Sep 18, 2006
A number of people thought the same of Everberg.

We'll need to see how he adapts. He may very well never see NHL ice, but that remains to be seen

Not sure I agree. I know I never said Everberg was crappy...many people were really just cautious and taking a wait and see approach with him.

And that was because a lot more people didn't know who Everberg was last year compared to Martinsen.

At least people have seen Martinsen play, thanks to the World Championships.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Not sure I agree. I know I never said Everberg was crappy...many people were really just cautious and taking a wait and see approach with him.

And that was because a lot more people didn't know who Everberg was last year compared to Martinsen.

At least people have seen Martinsen play, thanks to the World Championships.

I didn't name names, and I didn't even say it was "great number" of people who were more-or-less writing Everberg's name into the AHL lineup. But it happened. I don't like pre-determining players who haven't played in the NHL, especially those who could turn out to be an "Everberg". I'm not saying the my hopes are up for that to happen, but I'd rather see what he's got at Training Camp, and possibly a pre-season game or two, instead of auto-banishing him to the AHL.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I didn't name names, and I didn't even say it was "great number" of people who were more-or-less writing Everberg's name into the AHL lineup. But it happened. I don't like pre-determining players who haven't played in the NHL, especially those who could turn out to be an "Everberg". I'm not saying the my hopes are up for that to happen, but I'd rather see what he's got at Training Camp, and possibly a pre-season game or two, instead of auto-banishing him to the AHL.

I know I didn't expect Everberg to be on the opening day line-up. I didn't pre-determine though that Everberg was going to be nothing more then an AHL forward. At least I don't think so. With Martinsen I'm taking the waiting approach. Who knows what a summer of training can do for him. It's probably safe to assume that he will start in the AHL and then be one of the first call-ups then to think he might end up on the opening night line-up.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
What makes you think that?
His all-around skill level. There's nothing about his game which makes me think he can compete for a spot on an NHL team. I'm not saying he's a terrible hockey player - he wouldn't play pro if that was the case - but I don't see a single aspect of his game which makes me think it's good enough to get him to the best league in the world despite his other weaknesses.
Now I haven't seen him play all that much, so maybe he just had bad days everytime I watched him. I doubt it, though.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It must be so nice to completely write someone off without seeing how they adapt.

Pack it in guys, don't even give this guy a second thought!

I don't know, Lobster. I find it kind of a welcome change from the many posts that routinely overrate damn near every average prospect that comes along. :laugh:

Personally, I'm all for them doing what they can to fill in the depth forward spots on the team. Will be fun to check this kid out at training camp.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

I think Rock Lobster is right. Everberg wasn't even playing in the top league in Sweden...people were scoffing at that signing all over the place yet Everberg made his mark and was one of our better bottom 6 guys last season. He still has room to get better.

His all-around skill level. There's nothing about his game which makes me think he can compete for a spot on an NHL team. I'm not saying he's a terrible hockey player - he wouldn't play pro if that was the case - but I don't see a single aspect of his game which makes me think it's good enough to get him to the best league in the world despite his other weaknesses.
Now I haven't seen him play all that much, so maybe he just had bad days everytime I watched him. I doubt it, though.

Is he less skilled than Cliche? :laugh:

It's not really about that, at least I don't see it that way. What's more likely is if we have injuries on our bottom line, then we have a big body who we can call up who can come in and play 5-8 minutes a night and add a physical presence. Do we even have someone like that to call up in case of injuries for next year? I don't know how much skill you need to play that kind of role, just need to keep your game simple, make the safe play and work hard. As long as he can skate and doesn't take bad penalties, it should be alright.

Besides, if it's the same guy who made the initial call on Everberg, I'll trust his opinion.

I don't know, Lobster. I find it kind of a welcome change from the many posts that routinely overrate damn near every average prospect that comes along. :laugh:

Personally, I'm all for them doing what they can to fill in the depth forward spots on the team. Will be fun to check this kid out at training camp.

Yeah, there are definitely two extremes there. Still, there is a difference between giving someone a chance to prove they can do it (without being labelled a homer) and dumping on the player before he's had the chance to set foot on NHL ice.

Good point on overrating prospects though (every fanbase does it) people are still doing it with Rendulic. The kid played 11 games and looked anywhere from 'decent' to 'good' but I wouldn't say he's at least a 3rd liner at least not yet. Not impossible but too early to tell.

I don't mind some making that assessment on Everberg since he played over 50 games and proved to be effective and maintained his play throughout for the most part.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
What a shock, Abasin is once again mocking those who have a different view point than him.

Nothing? Really, there isn't anything about him that is nhl ready? Nothing at all? Sorry, but I can't take your criticism serious. The dude obviously has the physical aspects (size, strength, skating) needed.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I agree with the prospect overrating (that happens to pretty much every team), but on the flip side let's at least give him a chance on NHL ice, with NHL coaches, during an NHL training camp (and possibly some looks during pre-season if he impresses enough early on), to see what he's got.

I don't have my hopes up that he'll be anything useful at the NHL level (a good number of factors are against him on that), but there's nothing wrong with keeping an open mind to at least see what happens.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You know what the biggest indicator is that he's NHL ready? The fact that he has a contract. Roy WILL see what he looks like at the NHL level at some point. Might be just a game, who knows. But that fact pretty much is moot at this point, the ship sailed, the contract is done, the decision has been made. Someone somewhere thinks he has shown enough in some regard to put in the time, effort and money to bring him across the ocean. That's not the discount the opinion of those who know him well, hell I watched two of his WC games myself as I'm sure a few others have. But this isn't some draft pick where we can debate if he will see the NHL ever in his life or not, this is different.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I hope Everberg can up his offensive output next season. His defensive play is there and makes good decisions with the puck. Then again he was playing with ****** players on the 3rd line. McGinn better stay healthy. Also wondering if Rendulic makes the starting roster.

Martinsen will get a pre-season game. Unless we are hit with a ton of injuries, I suspect he will stay in the AHL this year to adapt his game and audition here for an NHL spot the year after. Still have to see what happens over the summer with trades/draft/free agency

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Martinsen's flow was the sole reason why he was signed. Avs need to sell season tickets and you will sell more tickets with these flow1 and flow2 than with these guys baldy1 and baldy2. Marketing 101.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad