Injury Report: Andreas Johnsson knee injury

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Call up Agostino, you cowards

To be honest, the revolving door of callups has been more enjoyable than watching half the games.

Funny thing is I'm finding more and more of the games boring, so I've taken to taping them and just speeding through after the game, or going to NHL. and watching the 3 minute / condensed games.

Losing the games with continuous boneheaded plays or inadequate goaltenders isn't entertaining.

Hope they call up someone different, doesn't really matter how good they are now.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Anything that isn't "short term" is possibly the remainder of the season. That sucks, especially for AJ. He was having a bad year, on pace for only about 40 points, when we all expect more.

Maybe he'll be able to just put this season behind him now, if he is done for the year, and come back stronger and ready next season. I sure hope so, because he's a capable top 6 winger when he's on his game.

Sucks to have to think about trade value when someone's hurt, but it is relevant. No way he gets traded by the deadline now, but allows for more cap space and a slim possibility for a Patrick Kane loophole if he returns for the playoffs.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Every team is banged up...not just yours!
Columbus has been absolutely decimated as well as Pittsburgh. Tampa too. Montreal same thing....St Louis has been missing their top scorer since early in the season. Fact is Johnsson is replaceable and I’d rather lose him than a top 6F/top 4D

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Wish him a speedy recovery, but he's replacable. I'm still surprised we thought Brown was overpaid at 2.1M, but give this guy 3.5M.
Brown wasnt overpaid and I dont think management really wanted to trade him but value needed to go to Ottawa to get rid of Zaitsev. Ottawa probably asked for him too as he was being massively underused here and was a favorite of their new coach.

Guy is pacing for 50 points without PP production/time pretty much. Also a very strong defensive forward. Oh well

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Every team is banged up...not just yours!
Columbus has been absolutely decimated as well as Pittsburgh. Tampa too. Montreal same thing....St Louis has been missing their top scorer since early in the season. Fact is Johnsson is replaceable and I’d rather lose him than a top 6F/top 4D
Rielly and Johnsson are a #1D and a top-6 F. Mikheyev too.

Reactions: stickty111

kb

Aug 28, 2009
We missed Rielly all season so far. Rielly that was playing was most certainly no #1 D. AJ is a poor excuse for a top 6 F as well.
Well, that's the positions they played in the lineup, so it is valid. Whether or not they were actually playing like it is an entirely different conversation.

Reactions: stickty111

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Just awful. We are having brutal bad luck this year. There goes one of our trade pieces. Well I guess we still have Kerfoot. How much do you get for a 3rd line LWer? Not enough to get what we need. This ticks me off.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He's actually a 2nd. line LW, 3rd. line center.

:naughty:
That is subject to debate ... I won't argue ... but he falls behind Matty. JT, Spezza and Engval here ... and he was booted off 2nd line last night. Kappy took over mid way thru 2nd period. and when Mik gets back he will be 3rd line at best.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
These injury problems have gotten so far beyond ridiculous that I don't even know what to say anymore.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Well I guess all the crying about cap hell from the start of the year are over.

People actually thought we were going to have to go into games short handed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad