Injury Report: Andreas Johnsson knee injury

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
get well soon but hopefully after the regular season so the Leafs can use this cap towards circumvention.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
So, its Kerfoot now as the main trade chip? We seem to place Kap on another level, and are less willing to move him?

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Brown wasnt overpaid and I dont think management really wanted to trade him but value needed to go to Ottawa to get rid of Zaitsev. Ottawa probably asked for him too as he was being massively underused here and was a favorite of their new coach.

Guy is pacing for 50 points without PP production/time pretty much. Also a very strong defensive forward. Oh well
He's also in a contract year with arbitration rights. He will be getting 5+ a season starting next year.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Knee surgery. 8 weeks. Not likely. I hope he is well, it's too bad he is an ok trade asset.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
All I can say is if we make the playoffs, it won't be because we didn't earn it.
Injuries to key players, backup not winning games, Freddy being bad for most of the year. Bad start to the year.

But not character or compete or cap allocation issues. None of that stuff?

Reactions: egd27

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
This sucks large. I don't think we'll miss the player much to be honest but I thought he would have been a nice trade piece.

Agreed but this is the second best option. Not a permanent injury but out long enough to use his cap space. Only difference is we pay assets now for an improvement and recoup those assets by trading aj next year.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

The90

Feb 27, 2017
This really sucks. And as down as this year has been, think about this: despite the injuries, backup, coaching change, Freddy being inconsistent, they’re still pushing for a playoff spot.
Hard to imagine a season going worse for the leafs. Now without the injuries, where would they be? I think the team is a lot better than given credit for

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This really sucks. And as down as this year has been, think about this: despite the injuries, backup, coaching change, Freddy being inconsistent, they’re still pushing for a playoff spot.
Hard to imagine a season going worse for the leafs. Now without the injuries, where would they be? I think the team is a lot better than given credit for
Another thing I should point out. Marner can still be much better then he has been.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Bring up marchment or agostino for a few games until a trade is made. Run marchment with Clifford as a energy banging 4th line.

Hyman matthews marner
Nylander Tavares engval
Kapanen spezza kerfoot
Marchment/agostino goat Clifford
Tima

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
So, its Kerfoot now as the main trade chip? We seem to place Kap on another level, and are less willing to move him?
After losing two of our top nine wingers to injury, and dealing Moore, I’m not sure we still have the depth to make trading a winger for a defensemen worth our while. If Rielly returns in time for the playoffs and Soup/Johnsson are still out then we may actually be stronger on the backend than we are in terms of offensive depth.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
AJ goes down for 8 weeks, clearing 3.4 in cap space, and now Keefe is willing to give a rough timeline to Rielly's return. Something tells me that if AJ didn't get hurt, the Leafs would have been hush-hush on a possible return date for Rielly.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
After losing two of our top nine wingers to injury, and dealing Moore, I’m not sure we still have the depth to make trading a winger for a defensemen worth our while. If Rielly returns in time for the playoffs and Soup/Johnsson are still out then we may actually be stronger on the backend than we are in terms of offensive depth.

Ya, and I don't see Kerfoot as a strong & central piece for a trade for a legit, good top 4 defender.

Even with the pieces we talk about adding, it seems possible that we are too shy/light about offering something that other GMs would clearly find attractive & compelling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad