Andreas Englund

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I know it’s still early in the season but I think he’s actually being underrated, especially of late. He’s doing everything and more from what you’d expect of a 3rd pairing defenseman. Spence looks fantastic as well.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
He's been great. If he keeps this up there might not be a future for Björnfot on the team. His play is solid so far and he's a consistent physical presence.

I do expect Englund to have some ups and downs over the course of a season though, there's a reason he's been bounced between NHL and AHL his entire career and my guess is consistency issues. He'll probably have some stretches of games where he'll look more like he did in pre-season which was pretty bad. Fingers crossed, loving what he brings so far.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Wasn't really all that impressed with him in preseason, but I'll be damned he's been good in the regular season so far. Fair play to him and Spence for making a solid bottom pairing. Much better than whatever Edler gave us.

John Strachan

Jan 5, 2021
He’s been solid in his role as a 3rd pairing dman. He’s a good skater for his size and physicality. Seeing him starting to make good defensive reads and getting good body position. Adds a different dimension to a solid Kings d corps and at a cap friendly contract. Nice surprise to the start of the season. Hopefully he continues to improve as he settles in. His goal & assist are a nice plus but he shows that there is a spot for a dman who isn’t thinking offense first.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That hit he delivered lastnight was a thing of beauty. I was suprised Zahorna got up.

pjSNtNw.gif

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
still want the full speed version

slomo is great but when it happened live i dropped the remote
i made some kind of noise for sure

haven't seen a stick flying from a hit like that in a LONG time

man that crowd was buzzing for like 2 minutes straight too, crazy what a hit like that does to a building

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
3 things I loved about the hit:

1 - It was CLEAN

2 - There was no stupid obligatory retaliation. I hate when players have to "pay" for making a clean hit.

3 - Zohorka's stick goes flying which makes the collision look even more explosive.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
And everyone said Bjornfot would be the third pair D. LOL.
Trade Bjornfot for MacDermid; both aren't playing any games for their respected clubs at the moment.

Not that Mac would or should be dressed over Englund but if we were to ever lose Andreas the Goat on the backend our team would be seriously missing what he provides.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Not me :)

He's making the two of us look smart. I think we were the only ones that were positive on him.
Yep. Happy to say I got that one wrong :thumbu:. Wrong, once… ever. I can live with that:laugh:

3firstnames

Dabbler. Dilettante.
Apr 18, 2018
Long Beach
Until the motherf***er is banging two axes together in a factory that produces nothing but sparks, dude hasn’t reached his final form.
Never understood that part of the movie. It was so weird and jarring without any context. Then they completely ditched the weird cult angle and never mentioned it again the entire movie. How very 80's

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00