Andreas Englund

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
He's a #6 D who finishes checks and stands up for teammates while being mediocre defensively
(I say that as a compliment) and has even had a couple of nice rushes that have resulted in goals. He's definitely better than last year's iteration of Edler, but I'd like us to look at getting a guy like Zadorov/Dillon at the deadline to really solidify the D.

Reactions: Mcsorley47

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
11022023ae.jpg

I have a JFRESH subscription, so any chance I get to post a card I'm doing it. This is the latest update on Englund.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
11022023ae.jpg

I have a JFRESH subscription, so any chance I get to post a card I'm doing it. This is the latest update on Englund.
The thing I like about him is come playoffs he can destroy some of the Oilers and Knights.. Kings need to up their physicality in the playoffs he should be good for that if he is serviceable as he's showing so far w his D stats.. vs say bjornfot had the same WAR his value in the post season is much less to me.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
At the very least he's been a good steady vanilla guy with some oomph and a pleasant surprise from me

Didn't think he'd show the ability to rein it in and simply play within his means. He's not a world beater but he's a good depth presence. Cheers to him for sorting it out.

he's been using his skating as an asset on D, as well.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
They’re playing Englund and Spence exactly how they should have played Edler and Durzi last year, against the worst competition and playing to their strengths.

Englund has been a nice surprise. He’s not a great defenseman, but he’s definitely good enough for the spot he’s filling right now. If he can keep up his play I wouldn’t hate to see him back next year.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
First couple games I was convinced he was not an NHlL defenceman.

I think his play has greatly improved since then, and I think I was wrong. As it stands he’s earned his role on the bottom pair. If he were pushed to #7 down the road that would be ideal.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Heard on the broadcast he scored his first goal in the NHL? Kinda surprised to hear that but looks like he’s only had 80 NHL games since 2016.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad