Recalled/Assigned: Andreas Englund and Buddy Robinson Recalled Dec 2

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love Englund's game and remember it takes much longer for shutdown defenders to make an impact than any other type of player. Guys like Hjammer, Vlasic, Phillips and even Methot needed 3+ years after draft before they became as impactful as they've become. Englund is no exception, take ur time with him.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Also excited to see Englund - he looks like he's coming along nicely and this will be a good opportunity to see him in some games that matter at the real NHL pace.

And Buddy is fine, too. He's solid at swallowing up some bottom line minutes without making bad things happen. Big, fast, not an idiot. Three things you like.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If he were the player you guys are describing, he'd have likely been an nhl player long ago.

I have a soft spot for him, but I'm being realistic and not expecting much.

or if neil wasn't around. we're just talking about 4th line duties not top 6 or anything. And I'm not completely sold on him yet but he's been good when up here, so let's see more.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
or if neil wasn't around. we're just talking about 4th line duties not top 6 or anything. And I'm not completely sold on him yet but he's been good when up here, so let's see more.

Neil has nothing to do with it. Look at guys that were called up ahead of him; Druirynski, McCormick, Blunden, Varone. All marginal players at best.

Maybe he surprises and plays great, but this guy was way down our depth chart for a reason. All sorts of tools that make you think he could be a player, but it's not the tools that are the problem.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Englund is getting a few games early, they wanted him to develop more but if he's been their best defenceman lately a few games won't hurt.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Englund is getting a few games early, they wanted him to develop more but if he's been their best defenceman lately a few games won't hurt.

Meh, it is good to show him what playing in the NHL is like.

And for what its worth Ceci was a mid season call up that never got sent down.

JesseHenry9

Jun 4, 2015
Wow Englund looked great didn't he! Him and Chabot are going to make it really tough next year. I think at least 1 of them will likely be a lock. It'll be interesting.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Nick Paul was playing better than both during his time up here. Buddy and Mc are both career AHLers IMO.

While I agree, I think they have a long term vision for Paul and want him to play an offensive role in the AHL for awhile. He's also injured currently with that gash to his wrist.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I really dont get the McCormick dislike. He tries his hardest every game and he works hard and spends a lot of his team in the offensive zone with strong forechecking and tenacious game. He also probably has the highest offensive potential of our true bottom 6 prospects.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Can we keep Buddy up and send Lazar down? I mean they both suck, but Buddy sucks less.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You do know the SHL is a pro league, right? Englund has several years pro experience.

Not only that, but if we're being realistic, we should know that the Sens operate on a tight budget so even if Dorion wanted to sign more D-men, he couldn't.

Also, Kostka is probably the best D-man in Bingo but Ottawa probably wants to develop and get NHL time for Claesson and Englund.

We lack top-6 forwards WITH Ryan in the lineup.

There's also a forward with a 4.625 cap hit that was slotted to be a top-6 forward before the start of the season. Without Ryan, that's 2 holes in the top-6. Dzingel is great but he should be a 3rd liner, and he could be Elite at that position.

I really dont get the McCormick dislike. He tries his hardest every game and he works hard and spends a lot of his team in the offensive zone with strong forechecking and tenacious game. He also probably has the highest offensive potential of our true bottom 6 prospects.

Me neither. McCormick is nothing special but he is decent in a limited 4th line role. Not sure about "highest offensive potential of our true bottom 6 prospects" though. I think it's Paul that should have that title. But we don't currently have a lot of bottom-6 forward prospects anyway. Most forwards prospects with NHL potential have top-6 upside (White, Brown, Chlapik, Perron, Dahlen, Ahl, Gagne). Who are those bottom-6 forward prospects? Paul, McCormick, Robinson and? Nurmi? Eiserman?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
McCormick is just a useless body really. I'm not complaining that he is up, but that's only because we lack any guys who truly deserve it.

He should be nothing more than an AHL journeyman. He has 0 offense, and offers little/nothing defensively or annoyingly.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
McCormick is just a useless body really. I'm not complaining that he is up, but that's only because we lack any guys who truly deserve it.

He should be nothing more than an AHL journeyman. He has 0 offense, and offers little/nothing defensively or annoyingly.
Do you mean Robinson? Or did McCormick get called up again?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
With Lazar out I hope we call up Varone and not the empty well that is Mccormick. Our bottom six needs more skill/speed.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Really didn't think Englund needed that much sheltering. Boro, Ceci and Phaneuf were clearly overmatched, why not try and see what the kid's got. Maybe he could have risen to the challenge?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Really didn't think Englund needed that much sheltering. Boro, Ceci and Phaneuf were clearly overmatched, why not try and see what the kid's got. Maybe he could have risen to the challenge?
Its not all on them ,they would get clears out of the zone .And our forwards did nothing but watch Pittburgh dump it right back in and continue to possess the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad