Recalled/Assigned: Andreas Englund and Buddy Robinson Recalled Dec 2

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
How is Perron looking in Bingo?

Had a real rough time the last few games according to the best posters in the Bingo thread. Not properly engaged for a callup, nor is he ready anytime soon.

Which to me is disappointing, even if he's only 20 games into his pro career, he can do it IMO.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
oh wow, this is surprising good news. Love this. Just what I was calling for a few days ago. Well almost.
Hopefully Buddy can impress Boucher and stick for a while. He is not the most physical guy but he can get around and with his size he at least does not get pushed around which is what happens to a lot of our guys now.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Didn't Englund allow himself to get beat up while keeping his gloves on so the Sens would get a 5 minute pp in the pre-season. You won't find toughness like that just anywhere.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Englund - Jaros is going to be the shutdown pair of the future. :)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tell me friends, how good is Englund's skating? I don't want Cowen 2.0.

Decent but he also has a brain which helps when playing hockey. See mark stone. For no brain see Jared cowen. (Do hope cowen gets playing soon somewhere though. He's not as bad as his reputation)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Teams lack of depth is showing itself.

McCormick and Robinson shouldn't be anywhere near this team, and it's pretty sad that first-year-pro Englund is apparently the best defensemen we have down in Binghamton.

Dorion sat on his hands on all throughout the offseason and we are seeing the result of that right now.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

McCormick and Robinson shouldn't be anywhere near this team, and it's pretty sad that first-year-pro Englund is apparently the best defensemen we have down in Binghamton.

Dorion sat on his hands on all throughout the offseason and we are seeing the result of that right now.

I wonder how many times the reply of "internal budget" needs to be posted every single time someone complains about Dorion's offseason moves before they realize it's not Dorion's fault he has no money to actually improve this team.

We have been giving up draft picks to save money, what makes you think we can offer free agents money to play for us?

RuthlessLieutenant

Sep 4, 2009
Kingston

To be fair, he's our 2nd call-up after Claesson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

You do know the SHL is a pro league, right? Englund has several years pro experience.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Agreed on McCormick and Robinson, they should not see NHL time.

Strongly disagree with Englund. He's the first D prospect I've been sold on (outside of Chabot) in a long time, including Ceci.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is

"Hale The Villain":

Englund is NOT apparently the best defenseman in Binghamton he is the best 1, not that that is saying much.......

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The really don't provide the same thing at all. If only buddy played with and edge. He has decent hands, skates pretty well too.

I'm not looking to replace anything. I just want a 4th line that can skate and be tough to play against. I think Buddy can be a decent 4th line RW.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If he were the player you guys are describing, he'd have likely been an nhl player long ago.

I have a soft spot for him, but I'm being realistic and not expecting much.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Erkamps and Gagne called up to Bingo from Wichita to replace Robinson and Englund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad