Recalled/Assigned: Andreas Englund and Buddy Robinson Recalled Dec 2

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Interesting. We're really dipping into our depth or lack thereof. NHL debuts for both players.

edit: apparently not for robinson

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Who is Buddy taking the spot for (edit: nvrmind, clearly McCormick)? I liked him in his call-up last year.

Congrats to Englund getting a chance. I think he looked great in training camp.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Oh crap, was this near the end of the season I don't think I watched much around then.

I had to check hockeydb to make sure they weren't pre-season games. haha.

He got 1g 1a in those 3 games. I didn't know that either.

I'm excited to see Englund.

Where do you guys think he will slot in?

Dion - EK
Boro - Ceci
Englund - Wideman

Or keep Boro on the 3rd pairing and slip Englund between EK and Ceci and see what works best?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I hated the englund pick and his game in the juniors but thought he looked great in camp and pre season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I had to check hockeydb to make sure they weren't pre-season games. haha.

He got 1g 1a in those 3 games. I didn't know that either.

I'm excited to see Englund.

Where do you guys think he will slot in?

Dion - EK
Boro - Ceci
Englund - Wideman

Or keep Boro on the 3rd pairing and slip Englund between EK and Ceci and see what works best?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Englund with Karlsson. Might be the perfect Methot replacement.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Englund reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky 4. If he doesn't play mean like that, then I will be disappointed. Haha.

edit: This is based entirely on his size, looks and voice. I haven't seen him play much outside of the WJC

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Englund will eventually be a full-time member of this squad. But we need offense. MacArthur was already sidelined and now Bobby Ryan. I hope that people kind of realize how we lack top-6 forwards when Bobby is out.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I like Buddy's size . Its good he's getting a chance. I would like to see more hard hitting on the forcheck out of him this time.

He is mainly a RW where will he slide in?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Englund reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky 4. If he doesn't play mean like that, then I will be disappointed. Haha.

edit: This is based entirely on his size, looks and voice. I haven't seen him play much outside of the WJC

Great - now all afternoon I will be hearing in my head, "I must break you..." :laugh:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It's about time .... :rant: .... but I like the Englund call as well & agree Ottawa needs a tough top 6 scoring forward. Paul - Brown - Robinson 4th line. :laugh:

I like Buddy's size . Its good he's getting a chance. I would like to see more hard hitting on the forcheck out of him this time.

He is mainly a RW where will he slide in?

Aragorn you aren't allowed to double post :sarcasm:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Nice to see Charles Robinson III get a cup of tea up here

Lil Naitch. Woo!

2014-10-31-Charles-Robinson.jpg

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Englund is very exciting.

I agree, he is very poised and strong presence out there. He, along with Jaros, could be our best bet for Methot replacements down the line.

Buddy Robinson aka the Aragorn bat signal!

LMAO

How is Perron looking in Bingo?

He is still very raw, we shouldn't even consider recalling him at all this year. Let him focus exclusively on improving his skills in the A this year. Maybe I'd give him a game or 2 second half of season if he really heats up and we need a call up for top 6 spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad