Andreas Borgman Ridiculous End to End Goal

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
You know what this looks like?

It looks like Anton Stralman's end-to-end goal when he was in his rookie season a Leaf.

Then, of course, we gave up on him, and he became one of the better defencemen in the league for NYR and TBL.

Don't give up on Swedish defenceman. We've got to keep guys like this around.

Don't forget about Kenny Jonsson, who left both Toronto and the NHL, and was consistantly a top-5 defenceman in the world for a long span - while playing 2nd tier hockey for Rogle in Sweden.

Reactions: 21

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Don't forget about Kenny Jonsson, who left both Toronto and the NHL, and was consistantly a top-5 defenceman in the world for a long span - while playing 2nd tier hockey for Rogle in Sweden.

Yes, Kenny is a top five Swedish defenseman of all time, I am sure a majority of all experts would agree upon this. He was better on European ice though (big ice).

How the Leafs have been dealing with Swedish talents in the past is perhaps a sensitive subject... ;-) not to talk about goalies in general (from all countries), omg.

Thinking about Steen, perhaps one of the most underrated players in the entire league (he isn't a defenseman though).

Maybe the management and coaches in Toronto have been lacking patience with players (and talents) because of the huge pressure from the fans and press in Toronto. The pressure from fans and press in Toronto is probably unmatched in the hockey world.

Anyway finally it's looking good for the Leafs but I assume it was a long painful travel getting here.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Man if he could do that up with the Leafs, that would be pretty sick. Who wants to hit the guy btw? He is as solid as a rock. He probably will be able to do that in the NHL from that angle.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Actually I was surprised he was demoted, he was playing well. But Leafs decided to give Dermot some LHD time, and we see how good a decision that was. Again we get into this crazy LHD/RHD situation. If Dermot could move to the right side, it would really help the Leafs roster next year.
IMO my Polak has been playing well for the past month the right side looks OK for this year if it continues. Carrick? I just don't see him as a dependable long term guy you want playing every game

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
I really like Borgmans game and I think his biggest problem was playing a full nhl schedule. He has a heavy shot, can skate and is our best open ice hitter. IMO he’s going to be a main stay on our defence for years.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I really like Borgmans game and I think his biggest problem was playing a full nhl schedule. He has a heavy shot, can skate and is our best open ice hitter. IMO he’s going to be a main stay on our defence for years.
I agree. he reminds me of a good version of Polak

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
He was way more reliable defensively than Dermott and was one of the guys we brought in to fix the problem of being too soft , he got hurt a little and then BobCock saw his vision in Dermott and that was it , lots of us expected to see Borgy brought back up for the playoffs but it never happened instead we went with silky soft and got run out of the building every night , even the games we won we got beat up and pushed around in our end .

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I wish he was right handed.

I think theres a lot of potential with Borgman. He has all the tools to be a solid top 4 dman in the NHL.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I wish he was right handed.

I think theres a lot of potential with Borgman. He has all the tools to be a solid top 4 dman in the NHL.

He's said before he actually doesn't mind playing his off-side. So he could be an option there.

But I like him as well. I think the amount of games he's had to play this year may have to do with his drop off and why some have gone cold on him. Dermott's emergence factors as well. But he's got some ability to go along with some impressive physical attributes.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He looked like he lost confidence. His decision making was suspect. And he spent too much time thinking

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Yes, Kenny is a top five Swedish defenseman of all time, I am sure a majority of all experts would agree upon this. He was better on European ice though (big ice).

How the Leafs have been dealing with Swedish talents in the past is perhaps a sensitive subject... ;-) not to talk about goalies in general (from all countries), omg.

Thinking about Steen, perhaps one of the most underrated players in the entire league (he isn't a defenseman though).

Maybe the management and coaches in Toronto have been lacking patience with players (and talents) because of the huge pressure from the fans and press in Toronto. The pressure from fans and press in Toronto is probably unmatched in the hockey world.

Anyway finally it's looking good for the Leafs but I assume it was a long painful travel getting here.

at the time, i said trading stralman and steen were stupid trades. although we seem to have more problems evaluating and keeping finns. (not i pick winners all the time, i would have given olden more time). if rosen adjusts, he also gives us speed, but right now, i have borgman above him like everyone else.

borgman at least plays physical and should be bottom six if he adjusts gap control at the nhl level.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Hopefully he does well in the AHL playoffs. He was the best player in the SHL during the playoffs last year, didn’t win Stefan Liv menorial trophy though due to getting a suspension and injuring two guys.

He’s the best headhunter I’ve seen, when guys get down low he just crushes them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad