Andreas Athanasiou

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
For sure...at that price. I thought it was Anaheim asking for Tatar + 16, and Detroit not even bothering to counter, which was the part that disappointed me. I would have gladly pulled the trigger for a second rounder (with another sweetener if need be) instead of a first, but maybe the Ducks insisted on no alternatives. No real way of knowing.

Yeah, the last I remember about it was Anaheim wanted Tatar + 16, Detroit didn't want to do that... and Buffalo was there with... 9OA and negotiating? So Detroit couldn't really do anything to push back against the price. It was more that Anaheim had several suitors so they didn't have to take less than they wanted.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
The Ducks were demanding Mantha iirc

Yeah, just read an article that the speculation was Mantha and the 16th pick. Hell no in hindsight. That's the pick that turned into Cholowski and also allowed us to take Hronek after trading down.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, the last I remember about it was Anaheim wanted Tatar + 16, Detroit didn't want to do that... and Buffalo was there with... 9OA and negotiating? So Detroit couldn't really do anything to push back against the price. It was more that Anaheim had several suitors so they didn't have to take less than they wanted.
Wasn't the whole point to avoid losing a defenseman in the expansion draft? In the end they gave away Shea Theodore in exchange for the Ducks taking Stoner. They would have been better off trading for a forward or protecting 4 d-men.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
A few years ago there were rumors floated about a DET/ANA deal involving Tatar and Fowler. I was all aboard that train at the time, but obviously nothing materialized.

As tssweeney already mentioned, the ask was higher than that. Degensemen don't come cheap in trades so we'll almost always be trading for risk or downgrade on some other position. However, if we give it a year or two and won't be able to find anything in free agency, and our other wingers and forwards pan out, we might be in the position to do pull a trigger. Overpaying but, still...

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Is this a Fowler or Mantha thread? I came in to admit that as a Guelph fan my most hated OHL teams were always London and Barrie and so my disposition towards AA was biased from the beginning....but this must be the wrong place, nevermind.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm on the same page. He's a good winger, but, would trade him without regret for a #2 d-man.
I hope *no one* comes in to suggest that if you want to trade AA for a #2 d-man that it means you think AA is trash because #2 d-men can be had for trash players.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I hope *no one* comes in to suggest that if you want to trade AA for a #2 d-man that it means you think AA is trash because #2 d-men can be had for trash players.

Haha, I hope not either. And I admit, that I am eating crow this season, because AA's work ethic has been much better, and its shown on the stat sheet.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tampa Bay is already up 3-0 after 20 minutes in Game 1. Maybe a first round curbstomp would be helpful in convincing him to sign that offer sheet.

Offer sheeting Columbus is kind of pointless. We all know their two highest paid guys are going into free agency, they can match anything if it really comes to that, they are going to have tons of cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad