Confirmed with Link: Andre Tourigny leaving Avs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Regardless, the fact remains that Gwozdecky is available. I personally think that he would be a welcome addition to the coaching staff, but I admit I don't know many details about his coaching. Would he actually be able to provide what the Avs need?

Uh, whoa...get Gwoz. Get Gwoz now.

Of course he may be seeking a HC position and not another assistant spot. He certainly deserves it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tourigny officially joins Ottawa. He's also doing a radio hit in 5 minutes in Ottawa, so he'll already have spoken more in public to Ottawa media than he did in Colorado, since they don't let their assistants talk.

Tourigny is doing PP and forwards in Ottawa, doing the opposite of what he did in Colorado. He said that's what he did in juniors. Guess he and Cameron go way back, and Cameron called him the day after he resigned. He's talking about partnership with the players, very similar to Roy.

Somehow I doubt he only spoke with him the day after he resigned.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hopefully Roykic let Tourigny know before he left that they'd let Guenin follow him to Ottawa if he could talk Murray into making an offer for him...:sarcasm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Patrick Roy was there, too, and I asked him about his staff realignment following the departures of Andre Tourigny and Mario Duhamel.

“We’re going to announce it pretty soon,” Roy said. “We’re very close to coming to terms with different guys.”

Roy wouldn’t go into specifics, but he did say Adam Foote — his former teammate and roommate and a part-time defense consultant the past two seasons — wouldn’t be joining the staff full-time.

“Adam is very close to his two sons and he wants to be involved with them,” Roy said. “This is very important to him. He’s a family person and he wants to be close to them, which I truly understand because I did the exact same thing.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2015/07/06/patrick-roy-says-avalanche-staff-hires-will-be-announced-soon/21780/

Glad Foote isn't the guy.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Me too...now is not the right time for Foote.

I just hope it's a guy who's got a lot experience and a proven track record. Someone mentioned a guy like Ralph Kruger who's had a lot of success with the power play. That kind of addition would be nice.

Benoit Groulx would be good too, he's an up and coming guy but I think he's more of a head coach type than an assistant. Then again, you gotta start somewhere, even Joel Quenneville was an assistant with the Avs when we won that 1st cup.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Me too...now is not the right time for Foote.

I just hope it's a guy who's got a lot experience and a proven track record. Someone mentioned a guy like Ralph Kruger who's had a lot of success with the power play. That kind of addition would be nice.

Benoit Groulx would be good too, he's an up and coming guy but I think he's more of a head coach type than an assistant. Then again, you gotta start somewhere, even Joel Quenneville was an assistant with the Avs when we won that 1st cup.
Isn't he working for an English football club? (FC Southampton, I looked it up)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Isn't he working for an English football club? (FC Southampton, I looked it up)

I believe he serves as president.

Would love for Kruger to come aboard but he most likely is done with hockey at the NHL level unless it's a really good Head Coach gig that gets offered to him, not like the job he had in Edmonton. He's a special teams wizard and a master motivator. I wish we could land him.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Ok...got anything to back that up with? Personally, I don't think it's likely either, but I'm curious as to what exactly are you basing your statement on?

Just because he coached college in Denver doesn't mean he has any connections to Roy etc. I just don't see it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't know if any of you guys have listened to Tourigny's first interview with the Sens but here is what stands out:

- Will take care of the PP and forwards in Ottawa
- Loved the players in Colorado
- Loved Colorado and the people there in general
- Cameron has very good values as a person
- Will be closer to familly

Thought it was very weird that he never mentionned anything about Roy, yet focused on saying that he loved the players in Colorado, he loved the city and the people and also says that he wanted to stay in the NHL and get the exact same Job that he had and just resigned. Also him focusing on Cameron being a good guy with great values ... I don't know, just seems fishy. He will be closer to familly but never knew if he'd have a job in Ottawa before he resigned. If he loves the players, the city and left only to get the same job then why did he leave?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don't know if any of you guys have listened to Tourigny's first interview with the Sens but here is what stands out:

- Will take care of the PP and forwards in Ottawa
- Loved the players in Colorado
- Loved Colorado and the people there in general
- Cameron has very good values as a person
- Will be closer to familly

Thought it was very weird that he never mentionned anything about Roy, yet focused on saying that he loved the players in Colorado, he loved the city and the people and also says that he wanted to stay in the NHL and get the exact same Job that he had and just resigned. Also him focusing on Cameron being a good guy with great values ... I don't know, just seems fishy. He will be closer to familly but never knew if he'd have a job in Ottawa before he resigned.

You're trying way too hard to find something there.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Seems like you're reading way too much into his comments.

In separate interviews, he's said that there is no animosity between he and Roy. Everything lines up with the story that's been out there--he wanted more responsibility, and Roy said "No". Whether that responsibility was with the Defense (which, as we understand it, he ran in Colorado, and the PK) or with the Forwards (which is what he has now with Ottawa, but didn't have in Colorado).

It seems like people want to make a bigger deal out of this because of Roy's celebrity in Canada.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
You're trying way too hard to find something there.

It's summer and hockey isn't here for a couple months so you can expect a lot of this in here :laugh:

Seriously though , if he loves the players, the city and left only to get the same job then why did he leave?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It's summer and hockey isn't here for a couple months so you can expect a lot of this in here :laugh:

Seriously though , if he loves the players, the city and left only to get the same job then why did he leave?

Perhaps he knew (through back-channeling) that he would have a job in Ottawa.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Perhaps he knew (through back-channeling) that he would have a job in Ottawa.

It's possible! At first I really thought it was for the expanded role and having

different reponsabilities in order to get a better baggage for eventually getting a

coaching gig but in his interview it just seemed like he never gave any reason as to

why he left Colorado.

Edit: As poster above said, maybe just a nice way to let him go also by letting him resign.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I listened to the interview, he said he worked with forwards and the PP in Juniors, so he wanted to get back to that. He also spoke to the media a few times his first day, so he's going to get his face out there. The Avs don't allow their assistants to talk to the media at all.

I doubt he would have agreed to join Roy if he didn't like him. They have known each other for years.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Bigger role in Ottawa, better chances of moving up, more exposure (like it or not Canadian team are better covered), he'll work close to home and have different assignments, he and Cameron go way back and are good friends just to name a couple of reasons.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
You are right, Roy is a jerk and can't work with anyone. We are just too homer to see it.

:shakehead

I'm just trying to make sense of a situation and have done it in a respectful manner. Did I break your feelings or something?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
There's a motive for every conversation that happens out of the blue.

You can see in my first post, the question is:

''If he loves the players, the city and left only to get the same job then why did he leave? ''

Again, just trying to understand why he would have left. Don't know what the problem is with expressing an opinion and looking for others opinion isn't there?

Anyways, I'd like to thank others for giving their opinion on the subject, it definitely makes sense that he may have had info about the job before he resigned in Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad