Confirmed with Link: Andre Tourigny leaving Avs

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The way Roy talks about him, this could be a big loss. I hope they get an experienced replacement rather than just promoting Foote.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We get potentially good news (McFarland), and then not even when the day is over we get was appears to be very bad news (Tourigny leaving)...

Not happy.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This sucks. I doubt he was offered a head coaching position somewhere so I don't know what is going on.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
That's a real downer. He seemed to do a good job. I figured this would happen given how he's worked with some questionable defenseman and gotten a lot of miles out of them.

I remember TPS saying Tourigny's a big Guenin fan though, so look at the bright side.

I wish we could just give him the LE job if that's what he's looking for.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
To quote one of my favorite comedies:

WrongKidWP.jpg

(replace "kid died" with "assistant coach left")

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This won't be all bad if Army is leaving too. I don't even want to think about Army and Foote being Roy's assistant coaches right now.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Might as well either let Tim Army go, or severely downgrade his role. The PP sucked this year, and we saw shades of the same PP that Sacco ran when he was here (with Army as well).

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This won't be all bad if Army is leaving too. I don't even want to think about Army and Foote being Roy's assistant coaches right now.

The PP would remain just as bad, but at least it would have a healthy dose of forearm shiver.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Why would he leave July 1, isn't that kinda random if he has another job.

Just like with any job, I'm sure he has a sense of obligation to help transition the job to another person. It's quite possible he has duties to complete and loose ends to tie up since I'm sure this is a respectful departure instead of over any sort of problems on the team.

I hope he's actually been involved in helping find his replacement. Tourigny has been one of the few bright spots on the bench. It's always amusing to see Roy immediately turn to Andre to celebrate a win with a big hug and then shake Army's hand instead.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just like with any job, I'm sure he has a sense of obligation to help transition the job to another person. It's quite possible he has duties to complete and loose ends to tie up since I'm sure this is a respectful departure instead of over any sort of problems on the team.

I hope he's actually been involved in helping find his replacement. Tourigny has been one of the few bright spots on the bench. It's always amusing to see Roy immediately turn to Andre to celebrate a win with a big hug and then shake Army's hand instead.

Didn't seem like MacFarland was going to wait. I know, different duties. Just trying to think of why. Would the Avs actually want to replace him, maybe they are going with an experience movement.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Best of luck to him in the future, wherever he ends up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Remember TPS saying Tourigny loves Guenin, whereas Roy loves Holden.

Ah. I didn't know that. I wonder who Foote loves.

Don't get me wrong on Foote, I like him and think he can be a valuable part of the coaching staff but I don't think it would be a good move right now. I prefer a good experienced assistant coach to help Roy.

Who knows, maybe Foote wouldn't even be interested if offered.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Ah. I didn't know that. I wonder who Foote loves.

Don't get me wrong on Foote, I like him and think he can be a valuable part of the coaching staff but I don't think it would be a good move right now. I prefer a good experienced assistant coach to help Roy.

Who knows, maybe Foote wouldn't even be interested if offered.
I'd bet Foote wants to be there in the worst way. But he's still honoring his promise to his kid. So full props to him for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad