Confirmed with Link: Andlauer reaches deal for Ottawa Senators ownership

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
The only way to solve all of Canada's issues is to send billions of more dollars to Ukraine
Youre-On-Your-Own-Al-Capone-Alison-Brie-On-Community_zps2f596edf.gif

Seriously though, if the difference is between the status quo, or letting russia steamroll its way through eastern europe... send the billions. Send all the billions.

So... I think Andlauer probably has a personal chef who cooks some dope ass A5 Wagyu when the big guy wants a cut of beef. And I bet he eats it WELL DONE

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Does everyone like having Andlauer in the same box as Hockey Operations during the game ?

Or would you prefer a San Jose Sharks Hasso Plattner setup... where its out of sight 100%
It seems to me like Andlauer isn't always in the press box with the front office. I think he has his own suite at the 100 level where he usually hangs out. At least that's where I've most often seen him.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Dont think i had ever thought about Owners sitting with the management team before. With Melnyk though, i guess it would alarm me. But Andlauer still strikes me as understanding the dynamics and trying to do the right thing. It doesnt bother me now if he wants to hang out. But in a few years if frustrations are peaking, you'd hope we have a GM like BMurr with Melnyk who could set the rules when it is starting to get inappropriate.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Why old people? I don't know any "old people" that like their steak well done. I know children that do, they're too young to know better I suppose, but old people?

Edit: also, what qualifies as old people? 50+? 60+? 75? What if I'm young at heart?
It's ok, you can just come clean that you like your steak well done

CostPerRebuild

Sep 20, 2018
It is misinformation.

There are mortgage rates below 5% available right now. You don't have to have a mortgage of 6-7% like you claim.

If I buy something in the US for $74US or buy it in Canada for $100CDN, I'm not paying 30% more for it. That's just silly to claim. Maybe if there'd be huge fluctuations in the exchange rate you could make the claim but that's been rather stable in recent years.

As for salaries, you're moving the goalposts. First you claim that salaries aren't increasing. Now you're claiming that they aren't following inflation.

Young families have never filled the building. They might fill the upper levels but the lower levels have always skewed older because they're the ones with the money to buy the expensive seats. The young families that do go tend to be white collar professionals.
I'd like to know where you can get sub 5%, I have to renew in the summer.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Not to mention those lower and middle class people who will almost all receive hundreds of dollars more via the tax credit they get than they paid out via any price increase or inflation increase caused by carbon pricing.

Canadians are setting themselves up to lose potentially a ton of money by voting in a majority looking to take their rebates away. And if the gov leaves the rebate but does away with the carbon pricing that means less money for hospitals, services, etc that also help those same folks the most.
Andlauer is doing a great job

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
You guys did notice that Rona Ambrose is on His Andlauer health group board.

Yup interim PC leader Ambrose.

Its no wonder Justine claps at PWHL Ottawa games, but is incognito at Sens games.

f***ing human ego. A 10 year old, AI enhanced picture of her... Vanity is like the speed of light, invariant. no matter what the reference frame is, it is the same.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's ok, you can just come clean that you like your steak well done
I like the outside well-done and the inside medium. Mushrooms added!

Why old people? I don't know any "old people" that like their steak well done. I know children that do, they're too young to know better I suppose, but old people?

Edit: also, what qualifies as old people? 50+? 60+? 75? What if I'm young at heart?
Really old people may have no teeth left to eat steak.

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm 41 and I like my steak medium well.

Its a texture thing!

In the summer, take the steak(s) out of the fridge, and bring up to room temperature… at least an hour, crank up the BBQ as high as it will go, season with “Southern Flavor” ( Original Charbroil Southern Flavor Seasoning, 15 oz. Canister ). ……throw on the BBQ for 60 to 70 seconds, flip, another 60 to 70 seconds, flip and take the temp with meat thermometer and if it’s 130F take it off, and let rest for five minutes…. If not 130F, keep flipping every 20 seconds until it is 130 F…….

In the winter, use Sous vide, Three and half hours at 130 F, take off, dry as much as possible, season with “Southern Seasoning”, sear in a cast iron fry pan 60 seconds on both sides…. Let rest 3 minutes

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
In the summer, take the steak(s) out of the fridge, and bring up to room temperature… at least an hour, crank up the BBQ as high as it will go, season with “Southern Flavor” ( Original Charbroil Southern Flavor Seasoning, 15 oz. Canister ). ……throw on the BBQ for 60 to 70 seconds, flip, another 60 to 70 seconds, flip and take the temp with meat thermometer and if it’s 130F take it off, and let rest for five minutes…. If not 130F, keep flipping every 20 seconds until it is 130 F…….

In the winter, use Sous vide, Three and half hours at 130 F, take off, dry as much as possible, season with “Southern Seasoning”, sear in a cast iron fry pan 60 seconds on both sides…. Let rest 3 minutes

Good advice actually.

You know what else is good? Accepting that people like things differently than you do and that that's ok!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd like to know where you can get sub 5%, I have to renew in the summer.
Use a mortgage broker, or you can try to negotiate with the bank, I've always used a broker but l know people who have gotten good results negotiating with their bank.

A site like ratehub will give you an idea of what's out there, start the search with your broker at least 4 and months before you need to close, the broker will usually be able to lock you in at rates with a lender for 3 to 4 months and if the rates go up you are protected, if they go down you switch to the lower rate.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad