Confirmed with Link: Andlauer reaches deal for Ottawa Senators ownership

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
Shouldnt bother anyone that he's a Habs fan considering one of the groups bidding likely had never even seen a hockey game

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I’m imagining myself owning the senators vs the canadiens.
It would be a different feeling. Unless he’s really not that passionate of a fan and more of a business owner.
Owning a minority share of the Habs is "this is cool I own a part of this historic team". Majority owner of the Sens though, that's now HIS team. Full stop. Big difference I think.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Shouldnt bother anyone that he's a Habs fan considering one of the groups bidding likely had never even seen a hockey game
There is a huge difference between personal fandom, and business. I don't care one iota. Andlauer will be 100% committed to the team's success.. I mean why wouldn't he. I'm sure he's excited to beat the socks off of the Habs with his own team.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Local partnership is very important. Great news

I like it...but I want to know how all this shakes out. Hopefully it's a case where a dozen (or more) of the owners/investors are silent partners, and the decisions are made by a much smaller group.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Investors have pull though. And that's not a bad thing.
Andlauer has controlling interest. Investors over time might pull out but I am sure other investors or Andlauer himself would happily buy their part. I am really interested to see how the real-estate revenues are divided between Andlauer + Investors vs Claridge.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Thank f***ing God this rodeo is finally over and we can attend to the extremely crucial business of the offseason. We're at a pivotal moment if we're going to be a longterm contender and the to-do list is getting longer every day. Hoping this sale has a quick turnaround and the green light on decision makers is given as soon as possible. We don't have anymore time to spare here if this team is going to be a serious playoff team next year.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Garrioch just tweeted that the Malhotra's of Claridge are a partner. which is great since they are worth more than Andlauer (about $2.5B).

Not great. They might want to be the ones building a new arena downtown and I'd rather not have a poorly constructed beige box as a new arena.

Assen na yo!

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad