Confirmed with Link: Andlauer reaches deal for Ottawa Senators ownership

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Congratulations fellow Sens fans, this may not age well but I think Dandy Andlauer and his group of local investors is the perfect choice, I liked what I read about him and his ownership with the Bulldogs. I don't like random takeover bids, Steve Astopouloulouslouslos just seemed like someone throwing a lot of money to own a sport franchise (NFL, NHL) and not sure how much of a hockey guy he is. It's good investment for a guaranteed return on investment, I would much rather someone who cares like Andlauer. He stuck to the end and won the rights to own our beloved Sens. I don't think we have to worry about cap space/inability to keep good players because of money anymore. Can't wait to see his plans for the team and it's relocation to Lebreton.

Go Sens Go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
I’m imagining myself owning the senators vs the canadiens.
It would be a different feeling. Unless he’s really not that passionate of a fan and more of a business owner.
Dude, I was a life long Bruins fans. When I was a kid I wanted to donate my knees to Bobby Orr.

When Ottawa got a franchise, I dropped the Bruins like a grade 8 girlfriend. I had no money in the game. Andlauer has close to a billion reasons why to be all in with the Sens.

I feel like you are trying to build a theory on the fly here.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ryan Reynolds being a Canucks fan didn't seem to bother anyone so I don't know why Andlauer being a Habs fan up until now is an issue.
Ryan lived in vanier. That was what made it extra cool. Anyway yeah not to make a big deal out of it. It was just a thought not to be dwelled on.
He’ll probably address it at some point though.

Jhero

Jun 29, 2007

Statement from Michael Andlauer:

"My family and I are very excited to be a part of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club. I believe that the Senators' fanbase is one of the most passionate in the league and I'm excited to take the franchise's success both on and off the ice to the next level.

The short and long-term future of the team is incredibly bright, and I look forward to getting to know the team, the fanbase and the community.

First and foremost, thank you to my wife and family for their support. Thank you to both the NHL and the Melnyk family for providing me with the opportunity to make this dream a reality. Thank you also to my equity partners on the transaction, who like me are committed to bringing success to the National Capital Region. I would also like to thank my financial advisors at Bulldog Capital Partners."

R2010

May 23, 2011
Thank goodness someone with actually hockey experience is coming in to oversee things.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Ryan Reynolds being a Canucks fan didn't seem to bother anyone so I don't know why Andlauer being a Habs fan up until now is an issue.
Because this board needs something to complain about. It's built into sens fans DNA at this point

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Ryan lived in vanier. That was what made it extra cool. Anyway yeah not to make a big deal out of it. It was just a thought not to be dwelled on.
He’ll probably address it at some point though.
Doesn't matter if he does, or doesn't, frankly

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I heard Wham! is going to play for the season ticket holders in October

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad