Confirmed with Link: Anderson will likely be staying and Greening will be put on waivers.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm going to predict Lehner gets traded this year. There has been a shift in management's view on Lehner it seems.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Noesen could have become a player but he was already in injury troubles and the first round pick was supposed to be lower... although it was still a weak draft in the end.

There's no way you can obtain a Bobby Ryan and not pay a heavy price. Would you trade him now for Silfverberg + Ritchie + Ducks 1st? (better package than what we paid)

I'm not disagreeing with the trade, just conveying what the general consensus was at the time of the Ryan deal. It was commonly viewed by most that we paid a heavy price for Ryan. It's worked out great so far for us.

As for the question, no. It makes no sense to deal Ryan in our current situation. Although if I had Perry and Getzlaf upfront I'd take that deal just like Anaheim did.

BigBush*

I'm going to predict Lehner gets traded this year. There has been a shift in management's view on Lehner it seems.

Management has invested a lot in Lehner, I don't think they'll trade him based on how he's played the last 6 weeks

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Management has invested a lot in Lehner, I don't think they'll trade him based on how he's played the last 6 weeks

Judging by the pre-game show on TSN1200 before yesterday's game, the panel was insinuating that the management has soured on him.

Murray has shown he'll move guys even if he's invested a lot into them.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Lehner needs to wake up and hear that message. I just find him distracted lately - a tad behind where he needs to be.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Given that both my son and I bought Lehner jerseys in the last year, I'm going to predict that you are absolutely correct. :laugh: (One of the other jerseys he has in his collection? Alex Auld.)

Seriously, if you look at it from management's perspective, they only ever invested a second round pick in the guy, and the reality is that most second round picks never play in the league at all. If he is now 23, going on 24 and you're worried about where his career is projecting, maybe you do cut your losses, try to get some kind of return and ship him to someone else who thinks they might be able to make him into a reclamation project.

The problem is that goalies are so hard to project. Lehner has all the tools to turn it around and become a top shelf ten year NHL starter. That turnaround could come later, as there are plenty of high profile goalies who didn't become NHL regulars until their late 20s. On the other hand, he could be on track to washing out entirely very soon, as many goaltending prospects do. I wouldn't want to be in management's shoes making this decision, as you could argue it either way at this point.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Lehner hasn't developed as fast as they would like and seems to have taken a step back this year.As simmer says there is probably more interest from other teams for Lehner than for Anderson.

All the exaggerated hyping of Anderson for the last few weeks and talk of riding him for the rest of the season seems aimed at preparing the fans in case they move Lehner.

Maybe they will find a trade partner and maybe not but Murray seems to be convinced that they can get into the playoffs this year..there may be moves based on that belief.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Let me add that, they will only trade him for a good package. I don't see them trading Lehner just for the sake of trading Lehner.

But I *believe* management sees what you guys see. He still has the same issues when he came into the league. If there was some visible progression in certain areas, then I don't think they'd be looking at him as a possible piece to move. You'd have have to assume he would look good to teams like EDM.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would trade anyone for the right price. I don't want a 2nd/3rd line player plus a pick for Lehner. And Kane or an RNH / hall. Better be coming back. (Not for Lehner straight up obviously.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
safe bet is andy gives you 2 more years at this level. which is better than what you'd expect from lehner.

what does that mean? don't know. depends on managements plan (which they do have)

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I guess I don't see the point in trading Lehner now. His stock might drop but there's a better chance of it rebounding. Do we really want to be the team that traded away a franchise goalie because of impatience?

Look no further than St. Louis who decided that, at 25, Bishop was a middling prospect as their management was enamored with Brian Elliott. They might not admit it, but they'd be much better off if they traded Halak or Elliott then and kept Bishop. Bishop would be their starter now and they wouldn't be in a situation where they are trading first round picks or signing guys off the scrap heap to address their goaltending.

Even in that case, they had Jake Allen in the wings as their next "A" prospect. We are two-three years away from Driedger or Hogberg being able to fill that role.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Has Greening been put on waivers yet or what? There have been 0 moves this year and everyone way all like "OOOOOO 8 defencemen!!! somethings gotta give!!!" And the team hasnt even waived a guy yet. Unless they have already put him on waivers. I don't know, I havent heard anything.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Has Greening been put on waivers yet or what? There have been 0 moves this year and everyone way all like "OOOOOO 8 defencemen!!! somethings gotta give!!!" And the team hasnt even waived a guy yet. Unless they have already put him on waivers. I don't know, I havent heard anything.

BM said he would consider it after the all star break. I think the timing coincides with injured players coming back, and getting into the roster space crunch.

Karlsson2Turris*

It was Lehner, Foligno, Zibby, 1st IIRC

Quite a number of people were displeased with the offer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad