Confirmed with Link: Anderson will likely be staying and Greening will be put on waivers.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
http://www.tsn.ca/talent/senators-gm-murray-unlikely-to-trade-no-1-goaltender-anderson-1.186692

Sound like Murray has tried to find a trade partner for Greening, but no one is interested. Greening will likely be put on waivers after All-Star break.

"Why would I do that at this point" was Murray's answer to the question of trading Anderson. He said "if you don't have goal tending you don't have anything. No other goalies in the system to back up Lehner at this point in time.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
http://www.tsn.ca/talent/senators-gm-murray-unlikely-to-trade-no-1-goaltender-anderson-1.186692

Sound like Murray has tried to find a trade partner for Greening, but no one is interested. Greening will likely be put on waivers after All-Star break.

"Why would I do that at this point" was Murray's answer to the question of trading Anderson. He said "if you don't have goal tending you don't have anything. No other goalies in the system to back up Lehner at this point in time.

This was exactly my point, we have no one in the organisation to back-up our number one goalie. We had Brassard but it was decided last summer not resign him. Now as for who will end-up being our number one goalie, it is questionable if Lehner will ever be but for now Anderson our man.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
This was exactly my point, we have no one in the organisation to back-up our number one goalie. We had Brassard but it was decided last summer not resign him. Now as for who will end-up being our number one goalie, it is questionable if Lehner will ever be but for now Anderson our man.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you on that point. The only issue is Anderson's window of being an elite goalie and Ottawa's window of being an elite team don't really match up.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
you forgot the most important part of the interview

"With that in mind, Murray admitted that he’s looking to add another top-six forward to the mix. He said he spent most of the day on Sunday, scouring the rosters of other NHL teams looking for a player who might be a good fit here in Ottawa."

Rental player incoming...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
you forgot the most important part of the interview

"With that in mind, Murray admitted that he’s looking to add another top-six forward to the mix. He said he spent most of the day on Sunday, scouring the rosters of other NHL teams looking for a player who might be a good fit here in Ottawa."

Rental player incoming...

Nothing in that quote suggests a rental player, it only suggests a top-6 player.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I think I read in another article that he's looking for a Bobby Ryan type deal - a long term addition. Not a rental.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The idea of making a trade now really worries me. Chances of making the playoffs are so low that there's really no point of doing anything unless a real sweetheart offer appears.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think I read in another article that he's looking for a Bobby Ryan type deal - a long term addition. Not a rental.

yes that's what he said.

so we got o'reilly, evander kane, boedker?

and that's it, no?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
People were excited about diedger. What happened to him and his development?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He's in the ECHL.

Goalies are unpredictable, and take time. We will know what's going on with Diedger when he's 24-25.

Yes, he is the starter for the Evansville (Kentucky) Icemen in the ECHL. His stats don't look great, but he's playing for a struggling team, and goalie stats in the far flung minors rarely look great at the best of times due to a lack of defensive play and greater skill disparity.

It's worth noting that Driedger is only 20, so he could have gone back to junior as an overager. The fact that the Senators saw enough in him to get him started on a pro career, though, is a good sign. Typically any kid who is still playing junior as an overager is in trouble as a prospect. You'll get the occasional late bloomer like Hoffman, but it's fairly rare. As Micklebot correctly notes, it'll be a couple more years at least until we can tell if Driedger is a prospect or a suspect...

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Pageau will be staying from the sounds of it.

Good news, I've always liked him after the Pageau chant (which I was there for) so my opinion may be biased, but I feel he always works his ass off and creates chances regularly.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Pageau will be staying from the sounds of it.

Good news, I've always liked him after the Pageau chant (which I was there for) so my opinion may be biased, but I feel he always works his ass off and creates chances regularly.

Do agree, we can't complain with his work ethics. He may not shine in every games, but he surely works hard to get things done. The organisation see him as a defensive minded player that will play during PK, but we have to admit that even with his small frame, there is and offensive side to his game and doesn't mind going into traffic.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
The idea of making a trade now really worries me. Chances of making the playoffs are so low that there's really no point of doing anything unless a real sweetheart offer appears.

Agreed, Murray is quite delusional I think about the Sens chances for this year
and I fear what trade he may pull off. This is no year to trade picks.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Do agree, we can't complain with his work ethics. He may not shine in every games, but he surely works hard to get things done. The organisation see him as a defensive minded player that will play during PK, but we have to admit that even with his small frame, there is and offensive side to his game and doesn't mind going into traffic.

At the very least, I see him as an upgrade over condra. At best, he might be a good 40 point 2-way guy. I'm happy he's staying up.

He can do condras role while playing grittier, being a bit faster, more natural skater, and more natural puck skills. And he plays center and can play wing to boot.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Agreed, Murray is quite delusional I think about the Sens chances for this year
and I fear what trade he may pull off. This is no year to trade picks.

Either he's that stupid for thinking were a player away, or he's lying to us. Which brings another question, does he think were stupid? Or is it a bit of both?

Thank god he hinted that it wouldn't be a rental. If we trade a prospect/pick for another hemsky deal I'll be so mad. And aint even supposed to be mad.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
yes that's what he said.

so we got o'reilly, evander kane, boedker?

and that's it, no?

Krieder was brought up in the main forum by a rangers fan

That's who I would go for, probably the cheapest to trade for out of all 4 guys and brings a couple of elements that our team is lacking in... Plus this way he can't injure Anderson again

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Krieder was brought up in the main forum by a rangers fan

That's who I would go for, probably the cheapest to trade for out of all 4 guys and brings a couple of elements that our team is lacking in... Plus this way he can't injure Anderson again

He'd also help in letting Montreal fans know how insignificant we are...

#EasternConferenceFinals2014

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Condra greening legwand 1/9MM pageau smith neil philips weir gryba are all tradable in my point of view
We need some sort of shake up I think
Were going no where
Been 2 years now
Just trade 3 or 4 players for 1 if needed but we need Ryans type of deal

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
McKenzie mentioned Jeff Skinner could be available.

Lupul could be available.

I think we could make a move for a top 6 LW who is signed for next season or longer... And who costs less then guys like Evander Kane and isn't that young.

I don't think the team wants to give up players like Cowen, Zibanejad, Stone, Hoffman, Ceci, Lazar... Or the 2015 1st. Guys that are being moved by struggling teams trying to cut payroll. That will take futures and maybe one of our 2nd round picks and a less core roster player. Like a Smith or Condra.

Like Prince or Peumpel + Wiercioch, Smith, Condra, + 2015 or 2016 2nd. Something with decent quality parts for a cap dump/2nd tier top 6 player on LW. Not a homerun... More like a double. Clear a roster spot... Add payroll. Add a potential top 6 scorer signed for a couple of years.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
To bad to see Greening possibly going. He's a fellow Newfoundlander and Labradorian so I follow his career closely. Still he needs a fresh start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad