Confirmed with Link: Anderson traded for Domi (UPD: signed, 2 yrs, $5.3m/yr)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Before I call this a win, let's see if the Jackets can get Domi signed to a reasonable deal. But I do like getting the 3rd rounder when we need picks.

Reactions: Byrral

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
The window for Anderson to become this special player that other people see is rapidly closing. His ceiling is higher than Domi's? I doubt he ever hits 60, let alone 70 like Domi has. He hasn't played injury free in what, 18...24 months? Who knows if he'll even get "it" back?

Get Dubios and Domi signed and let's roll

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Love Jarmo and this trade.

CBJ type player and the more skilled player.

I’m sure Jeff and Jody already have the interviews with papa Domi set up?

The over/under on Rimer calling Max, “Tie” in game for 2020-21 is set at 14.5.
Is the over/under in games, periods, minutes or seconds??!! Lol

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
That's a helluva deal! Habs fans are gonna go ape shit over it and I'm here to enjoy every tear!

Well done Jarmo! Now comes the hardest part, signing him to an extension.

This was my first thought. Even allowing for the tendency for poster to overvalue their own teams players and undervalue those from other teams, there were many posts in the Rumors forum from MTL fans pretty disparaging to Josh.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Let the Habs fans downplaying of Domi commence! :rolleyes:

If you watched him in the playoffs as a fourth line forward you wouldn't have to.

You'll love Domi at first impression. Then he will wear out his welcome. Third team at age 25. He had a 13% shooting percentage when he scored 28. Trade him after his first season and don’t sign him at a long term deal. You'll regret it.

Reactions: Magic Stick

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The window for Anderson to become this special player that other people see is rapidly closing. His ceiling is higher than Domi's? I doubt he ever hits 60, let alone 70 like Domi has. He hasn't played injury free in what, 18...24 months? Who knows if he'll even get "it" back?

Get Dubios and Domi signed and let's roll
It’s the injury issue that will ultimately cast Andy’s ceiling vs floor. To measure Andy by stats is a mistake, not dissimilar to applying strictly stats to Tom Wilson.

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Let the Habs fans downplaying of Domi commence! :rolleyes:

LOL not downplaying. It's only my opinion. Anderson is the better, more useful, all around hockey player. That fills a specific need the Habs have. I think its great. Domi is flashy and has his moments. But, you'll see. He disappears often, watches the puck, and pouts on the ice, instead of skating for line changes. Takes frustration and retaliation penalties. Tries ball hockey moves often and loses the puck.

Im looking forward to a gritty, fast, hard nosed 6'4 right winger that can score. Period.

Reactions: Magic Stick

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Want to wish Josh all the best north of the border. When healthy, he's a rare beast and was one of my favorite Jackets to watch!

Having said that, I love this trade. Sure, Domi has some warts too but (1) there were just so many uncertainties with Josh (contact negotiations, ability to return to his level of play 2 years ago), (2) we had a relative glut or RW and dearth of C, and (3) we could obviously use picks and Jarmo and crew have shown their ability to spot NHL-level talent in the latter rounds.

Also, props to Jarmo for pulling this off when Josh's value is arguably as low as it will ever be. If he has a great 20-21 season, his deadline value might be higher but there's obviously no way to know that now.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
First quick ,impression.....they got a smurf with a temper......David Ling........

Hope I’m wrong

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Im habs fan here. I would like to know why Anderson put 27 net last year and this season, only one goal? Was he a good player this year despite the lack of production? What is is his strength? Thanks. And for domi. I think you acquire a good 2C. He wants to play at this position. Good offensively. Okay defensively and not the best on face off. He will sometimes drops his glove, taking some bad penalty. But he remains a good playmaker able to produce 50-60 pts

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Im habs fan here. I would like to know why Anderson put 27 net last year and this season, only one goal? Was he a good player this year despite the lack of production? What is is his strength? Thanks. And for domi. I think you acquire a good 2C. He wants to play at this position. Good offensively. Okay defensively and not the best on face off. He will sometimes drops his glove, taking some bad penalty. But he remains a good playmaker able to produce 50-60 pts

Others might have more details, but the most common explanation seems to be injury. Specifically, Josh injured his shoulder against the Bruins in the previous playoffs and never got back to full health this year. Some worry he won't be able to ever be fully healthy again, especially given his rough-and-tumble style of play. I certainly hope we see a healthy Josh again as a hockey fan!

Reactions: Hins77

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I think the PEAK version of Anderson is actually the better player than peak Domi. But I trust Domi to get closer to his peak and in a strength-for-weakness swap, I can't complain about moving from an abundance of RWs to building depth at C.
Domi already has had a season when he was close to PPG with MORE goals scored than Andy in his best season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad