Confirmed with Link: Anderson traded for Domi (UPD: signed, 2 yrs, $5.3m/yr)

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I will say, I think Josh Anderson can and will be a really special player, but for what the Jackets have and need, he was just a little too redundant for the franchise.
ya i think this makes sense for you guys. Anderson is a beast when he is healthy but you guys do have a ton of bruisers already. He might be better than some on your team when he is healthy but you gotta give to get. I think domi will be a nice addition of skill to the lineup. He can also get under opponents skin and play fast. Nice 2c behind dubois!

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Just realized we got, not gave away the pick. Certainly Jarmo got the better value.

That said, what is Domi's ask? Bet the salary difference between the two going into next season is why the Habs had to add.
Not meaning to invade, but the expectation is he's asking for at least $6M, if not more

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I liked Anderson when he was healthy.
Last year not only was he hurt, but the relationship w the CBJ was damaged. Again not sure who to blame.
As others mentioned Domi needs signed as well, but he gives us a nice option as #2C.
Throw in a 3rd round pick and I generally like it.

Again I wish Anderson luck. When healthy he was a beast.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Of course Domi to be the first trade to make all the dominoes fall :)

I don't get why Montreal sent the pick. :laugh:

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
TV

Thing is, does he (Domi) have Ferris as his agent. Unfortunately that may matter sooner than later.

I don't think it'll be much of a problem. The Habs had a center logjam of sorts, while Domi is pretty firmly going to be our 2 center. Shouldnt' have any problem paying him.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I'll certainly miss BJA, but I'm looking forward to the future.

Seems like Jarmo got the better of the deal, if there is a better to be had.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Now if Jarmo can get Laine without giving up Werenski I’ll never say a bad thing about him again.

Would love that too but I think our most realistic target will be Gaudreau for at a minimum D + goalie which I would also love.

EDIT: I'm now seeing that VID made the same point so sorry for redundancy!

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Enjoy Ribiero, I mean, Galchenyuk, I mean Domi.

Looking forward to Anderson balancing out our roster.

This trade will ultimately be decided by the contract that Domi receives. Cross your fingers. You may just have another Wennberg with a temper on your hands.

Reactions: Magic Stick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad