Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
love love this trade. Addresses a need habs have looked for FOREVER - for an asset we have in surplus AND a pick which is irrelevant. You know how i know this is a good trade? bruins , leafs, jets fans ALL triggered. love it

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Better used as a power forward...on the wing.
For now, our centre positions are set.
This is ridiculous! We traded a 70 point young gritty center for a goon that is coming off a catastrophic injury... caused by playing his game. while expecting him to play the same style that caused the injury? Anderson is 26 as well! We got f***ed hard

Jul 6, 2016
It's an even trade. Both players are meeting their new team's needs.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Someone can explain to me why we add a 3rd round pick? Anderson is an even bigger question mark than Domi. I'm really not convinced 2018-2019 Anderson is what he is made of.

Montreal really wanted Anderson. Montreal is a better team with Anderson (If he stays healty), tougher to play agains't. He's gonna makes everyone's better around him. He could be a great powerforward for us.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
love love this trade. Addresses a need habs have looked for FOREVER - for an asset we have in surplus AND a pick which is irrelevant. You know how i know this is a good trade? bruins , leafs, jets fans ALL triggered. love it
They are laughing at us

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
We have to look at the big picture. Not focus on individual players .

Allen will help Price be more rested while helping to win more games from our backup golaie;
Edmundson will give Petry more freedom to be more offensive, while being a solid shot-blocker and PK,r and addind size to the D;
Anderson will help our small skilled forwards to be more productive;
And I expect MB to sign a big 4th line player to play with Evans and Byron-Lehkonen - No more Weal or AHL player.

Good enough to be in the 6-10 range but not good enough to go deep. Same story last 25 years.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Overall don't think it's much of a win even oif AG can't find his ways in the NHL. I mean i hope i'm mistaken and Anderson will surprise me but i've seen him a lot of he always felt like a 3rd line player outside of a couple of games in his 27 goals season that really came out of nowhere but he eas back to normal in playoffs that year. He's certainly a useful player to have in your depth and will cost less than Domi which will help signing everyone this year but don't think it will make the team progress.

I'll say this the team will be better built though. I think this team will be more consistent overall and fight for a playoffs spot but it's still very very far from being a contender unless Suzuki, JK, Romanov and Caufield all reach their absolute ceiling.
The year before 27G he was on pace for 26G until he had a knee on knee collision with a teammate, that made him miss nearly 20GP - he was tied with Panarin for team lead with 18G up to that point (finished season with 19G). First NHL season had 17G.

Reactions: 1909

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

No, they aren't triggered.
We are the butt of the NHL right now.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Enjoy Gabriel Bourque 2.0.

Jul 6, 2016
Dubois, their #1 centerman was unable to reach 50 points this year (of course in 69 games). Torto's style is very tight.

With Dubois, Atkinson, Bjorkstrand and youngsters like Texier and Foudy, I am not sure Domi will see lots of PP time either.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Good? The barely 22 year old 6’2 210lb extremely mobile D played over 20 minutes a game as a shutdown D while being a critical player for them in the regular season and playoffs. The GM of Tampa has put Sergachev on his must sign list. Think about that as the f***tard Drouin runs around on our top 6 without a care. Anderson for Domi, especially to Columbus, is going to be hilarious as well.
No kidding, BargainBin please stop the destruction.......You are becoming another Peanut.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We got bigger and more physical, but we still need more offensive talent. I hope bergevin addresses this.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Would have rathered to get a good 1st back then. I'm also higher on Anderson than most here. I wanted him, but not like this.
A healthy Anderson is a legit top 6 power forward. I thought he was a nice buy Lowe candidate myself, but clearly the value wasn’t low. And clearly Domis value wasn’t as high as we thought either.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad