Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Simmonds (if signed) will help the 4th line.

That's the signing I would not do. Simmonds is not a real 4th line player.. better sign a Derek Grant type of forward... or Maroon who will be in high demand around the league. Lucky Charm to win a SC.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Don't know if this was posted. Portzline is the writer for The Athletic for Columbus.

EjrOyoIWAAA8R2A

Reactions: salbutera

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Anderson can be a Tuch for us, the trade is fine. Problem is that he likely wont be. 20-20 point player while Domi likely puts up 60 points in Columbus. And we add the pick lol. Makes no sense.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I did watch Sergachev , dude been really good for them.
Good? The barely 22 year old 6’2 210lb extremely mobile D played over 20 minutes a game as a shutdown D while being a critical player for them in the regular season and playoffs. The GM of Tampa has put Sergachev on his must sign list. Think about that as the f***tard Drouin runs around on our top 6 without a care. Anderson for Domi, especially to Columbus, is going to be hilarious as well.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Wow... I don’t like this deal, that seem pretty step of a price for a guy that had one good season and some injuries issues... Domi might under perform but he is a proven 50pts.

Kapanen when for a 1st and prospect and Domi when for a 3rd and a middle 6 FW maybe fringe top 6...

this trade might turn out great or ok but I don’t think the odds are in our favor...

Jul 6, 2016
Good? The barely 22 year old 6’2 210lb extremely mobile D played over 20 minutes a game as a shutdown D while being a critical player for them in the regular season and playoffs. The GM of Tampa has put Sergachev on his must sign list. Think about that as the f***tard Drouin runs around on our top 6 without a care. Anderson for Domi, especially to Columbus, is going to hilarious as well.

You cannot compare both trades at all. Be honest !

Reactions: jaffy27

Jul 6, 2016
If Anderson can be a Tuch for us, the trade is fine. Problem is that he likely wont be. 20-20 point player while Domi likely puts up 60 points in Columbus. And we add the pick lol. Makes no sense.

Dubois, their #1 centerman was unable to reach 50 points this year (of course in 69 games). Torto's style is very tight.

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Holy shit 45-55 point forward? No way, Domi will give at least 60 points easy. He was playing for an offensive black hole in Arizona and was given crap opportunities this year after not playing well at the start. Domi is likely a 20 goal scorer every year and 60+ points.

lol okay. If that fits your narrative. But I think thats absurd expectations.

Perhaps its expectations like that that make people believe his trade value was higher.

Clearly, it wasn't.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Might come down to contract demands. If Domi is insistent on 6-7 million while Anderson is happy with closer to 4, it makes more sense.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
It doesnt. But the Armia comparison should stop. Armia is lazy as hell, Anderson is not and is actually physical. Tuch was a beast for Vegas in the playoffs, hopefully Anderson is the exact same. Domi was never going to get the chance here, but we should have gotten more.
We sure hope Anderson goes well but I dont think armia will be extended , hes a goner in my book after this season. All this size and hes soft like Hal Gill

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
bottom line is

3rd overall draft pick Gally27....traded for 12th overall draft pick(Domi)ends up turning into a 4th round pick (Anderson)...plus we had to throw in another 3rd...

Overall don't think it's much of a win even oif AG can't find his ways in the NHL. I mean i hope i'm mistaken and Anderson will surprise me but i've seen him a lot of he always felt like a 3rd line player outside of a couple of games in his 27 goals season that really came out of nowhere but he eas back to normal in playoffs that year. He's certainly a useful player to have in your depth and will cost less than Domi which will help signing everyone this year but don't think it will make the team progress.

I'll say this the team will be better built though. I think this team will be more consistent overall and fight for a playoffs spot but it's still very very far from being a contender unless Suzuki, JK, Romanov and Caufield all reach their absolute ceiling.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Domi lost his C role to Suzuki & KK. He wouldn’t have produced 60-points. With the Habs

Reactions: jaffy27 and 1909

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Danault line has been one of the best 5-on-5 lines in the league for 2-seasons now.

Domi’s 72-point season was a creation of a uber hot start, having nearly 30-points in the first 19GP with an unsustainable shooting % in the high teens. Domi was completely invisible post Xmas in the 18-19 season.
I think he lies somewhere in between his two seasons. He will get 55-60 points which is right in line with 2nd line production. If he is relegated to the wing, he is a 40-45 point hockey player.
If Anderson can get 25-30 with 40-45 points remain healthy and play his brand of hockey I would take this as a win win for both teams, provided we resign Anderson to something like $4.5-$4.75 x 5.
Otherwise that’s a hell of a price to pay for a rental.

Reactions: salbutera

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We sure hope Anderson goes well but I dont think armia will be extended , hes a goner in my book after this season. All this size and hes soft like Hal Gill
Then it's four 25 cents for a dollar. If we lose Armia for nothing Anderson will replace Armia and i don't think he's much better. So basically lose Domi to replace Armia. That would be very bad in my book.

Jul 6, 2016
It doesnt. But the Armia comparison should stop. Armia is lazy as hell, Anderson is not and is actually physical. Tuch was a beast for Vegas in the playoffs, hopefully Anderson is the exact same. Domi was never going to get the chance here, but we should have gotten more.

Armia is not lazy, but his hockey IQ ,is. let's say, average. He doesn't belong on a top-six for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad