Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Anderson is Anderson. He doesn't have to become any of the players that you named. He's already an established NHL player with his own identity. Some of you are talking like if he was an unproven prospect playing his first NHL games.. :laugh:

Prior to last year playing injured, he had seasons of
  • 17 goals in 78 games, 147 hits
  • 19 goals in 63 games, 109 hits
  • 27 goals in 82 games, 214 hits
He's already shown what he can do and what kind of player he is. Whether he continues in that upward trend trajectory or can maintain that level of production for the next 7 years is the question mark.

It is a risky and lengthy contract, but it's also not totally unjustified. If we absolutely have to find him a comparable, the closest one is Tom Wilson by far. There aren't too many other players in the league with that combination of size, speed, physicality and ability to score.

Tom Wilson signed his $31M for 6 years contract after three seasons of 7, 7 and 14 goals respectively, along with a good playoffs run. He never hit 20 goals before signing that contract. Since then, he's had two consecutive 20+ goals seasons. I don't think anyone in Washington is complaining about that contract right now.

A lot of the so called "power forwards" players examples with the "on the decline after age 28" type of arguments that I see mentioned around here are players known to be average to bad skaters. The worst example I keep seeing is David Clarkson.

It doesn't apply to Anderson, known for his speed. He'll be 32 when the last year of his contract kicks in. In terms of his skating abilities, he reminds me of Erik Cole, a power forward who by the way had a career year playing in Montreal around age 32.
Good post - would only add, Tom Wilson despite playing regularly with Ovy & Kuznetsov has put up two seasons of 20G+ (22 & 21). Anderson’s never had a high caliber C (Kuznetsov) or a HOF elite talent (Ovy) except for 6-weeks of Duchene at C (post deadline acquisition in 18-19) and has still managed to put up those G totals in his first 3-full NHL seasons.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Anderson is Anderson. He doesn't have to become any of the players that you named. He's already an established NHL player with his own identity. Some of you are talking like if he was an unproven prospect playing his first NHL games.. :laugh:

Prior to last year playing injured, he had seasons of
  • 17 goals in 78 games, 147 hits
  • 19 goals in 63 games, 109 hits
  • 27 goals in 82 games, 214 hits
He's already shown what he can do and what kind of player he is. Whether he continues in that upward trend trajectory or can maintain that level of production for the next 7 years is the question mark.

It is a risky and lengthy contract, but it's also not totally unjustified. If we absolutely have to find him a comparable, the closest one is Tom Wilson by far. There aren't too many other players in the league with that combination of size, speed, physicality and ability to score.

Tom Wilson signed his $31M for 6 years contract after three seasons of 7, 7 and 14 goals respectively, along with a good playoffs run. He never hit 20 goals before signing that contract. Since then, he's had two consecutive 20+ goals seasons. I don't think anyone in Washington is complaining about that contract right now.

A lot of the so called "power forwards" players examples with the "on the decline after age 28" type of arguments that I see mentioned around here are players known to be average to bad skaters. The worst example I keep seeing is David Clarkson.

It doesn't apply to Anderson, known for his speed. He'll be 32 when the last year of his contract kicks in. In terms of his skating abilities, he reminds me of Erik Cole, a power forward who by the way had a career year playing in Montreal around age 32.
Look. I hope you're right. It's my team after all. And certainly bozovin is hoping because it seems he's done dealing and he's hitched his trailer to Anderson.

however,

I'm skeptical not just because of track record or lack thereof, but also because i think Anderson had a better supporting cast in Columbus than he's going to get here and also I'm worried his shoulder injury will make him less willing/able to crash and bang.

we'll see. Like i said, I hope you're right because mb has paid a premium to make this bet.

Reactions: cphabs

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Jenner to Suzuki is a downgrade? For real?! Matt ****in Calvert? Do your homework I guess. He's about to see his TOI increase with a more skilled centre in MTL.
He also had toi with foligno pld panarin not to mention the defence.

I would be interested to see the stats of who got first assists on his goals.

and relax. It's barely noon. Happy thanksgiving

Reactions: Roadhouse

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
He also had toi with foligno pld panarin not to mention the defence.

I would be interested to see the stats of who got first assists on his goals.

and relax. It's barely noon. Happy thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving back to you... Foligno and Jenner were his linemates during the 18-19 season. PLD fed him pucks the year before, and Panarin plays were either rare PP shifts for Andy or the result of partial line changes where Panarin would step first on the ice while Andy is still out there.

Reactions: Shabs

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
I’m ready to bet my avatar picture change for a full year that if he stays healthy 75 plus games he will put 25 goals and be a fan favorite.

Any takers ?

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Not unlike Erik Cole from what i"ve seen in the highlights. If he's anything like Cole was for us this is a huge move. Definitely see the similarities in the highlights at least.

I like that comparison of another power forward with great skating. Also, was labelled finished at least 2 times in his career IIRC.

Keep in mind that Cole managed to come back from injuries, in his 30s, and play a dominant power forward game at 6'2'' 205 lbs.

Josh Anderson is 6'3'' 222 lbs.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I like that comparison of power forward with great skating. Also, was labelled finished at least 2 times in his career IIRC.

Keep in mind that Cole managed to come back from injuries, in his 30s, a play a dominant power forward game at 6'2'' 205 lbs.

Josh Anderson is 6'3'' 222 lbs.

Scores off the rush like Cole. Solid mitts. Yeah it's there.

Yup. Cole was supposed to be done when he signed with us. He was fantastic in that one year. People seem to forget how good he was. I remember him being vocal about the strike ruining his desire to play or something like that. I think thats why he fell off so quickly. His heart wasn't into it.

I don't know if Anderson is quite as fast as Cole was but it's at least comparable from what I can see.

Bellyache over the Allen and Edmundson signings. But not this one. Well worth the risk imo.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
One thing I noticed about Anderson in his goal scoring highlight pack is that he had a few empty net goals. That implies to me that he's a guy that Torts trusted in big situations.

He did play the PP of course, but was he also a regular PK guy for the Jackets, and is he good at it?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
One thing I noticed about Anderson in his goal scoring highlight pack is that he had a few empty net goals. That implies to me that he's a guy that Torts trusted in big situations.

He did play the PP of course, but was he also a regular PK guy for the Jackets, and is he good at it?

Also atleast he he can hit an empty net, we never score on those. :laugh:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Yes he did, he was one of their main penalty killers with 109:50 SH TOI, only Jenner played more with 112:22.

He's an extremely good all-around forward, can do everything on the ice.

Crow will be on the menu and it will not take long.

Columbus had the best PK in the league in 18/19.

Reactions: dralaf and Be a Hab

Jul 6, 2016
Yes he did, he was one of their main penalty killers with 109:50 SH TOI, only Jenner played more with 112:22.

He's an extremely good all-around forward, can do everything on the ice.

Crow will be on the menu and it will not take long.

Columbus had the best PK in the league in 18/19.

He's got many skills besides being a huge hockey player who can hit. He is very good defensively, too.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He's got many skills besides being a huge hockey player who can hit. He is very good defensively, too.
read a few of the posts (not only yours), and I'm convinced now.

for Domi and a 3rd it's a steal
at 5.5M it's a bargain

assuming he's healthy we can expect a great defensive forward, playing physical all the time, and 30 goals, easy. I see no reason to expect anything less.

Jul 6, 2016

at 5.5M it's a bargain

assuming he's healthy we can expect a great defensive forward, playing physical all the time, and 30 goals, easy. I see no reason to expect anything less.

Health is the only concern. Otherwise, the guy is for real and will help this team tremendously if the other guys contribute too. I am more worrried about Drouin than any other players on that roster, forwards or d-men.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Health is the only concern. Otherwise, the guy is for real and will help this team tremendously if the other guys contribute too. I am more worrried about Drouin than any other players on that roster, forwards or d-men.
so he is a steal ?

and a bargain ?

Jul 6, 2016
but he is a steal (Domi + 3rd) right ?

I think Domi gonna do well too with his new org, at least for his first season with them. He's gonna play behind Dubois and will have good wingers to help him. It could be a steal in 2 years from now when Domi will test the UFA market to get his huge conract and leave CLB.

As for the 3rd ? Well, the player they selected doesn't seem like a sure NHL player.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010

at 5.5M it's a bargain

I’m not expecting 30 goals, I mean it might happen but a reliable 20-25 goals from him is what I’m expecting.

I’m excited to see who he will play with and what kind of chemistry he can develop with either Suzuki or Kotkaniemi.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think Domi gonna do well too with his new org, at least for his first season with them. He's gonna play behind Dubois and will have good wingers to help him. It could be a steal in 2 years from now when Domi will test the UFA market to get his huge conract and leave CLB.
so the guy is not really a steal, he's not a bargain either... he's projected, IF healthy, to be a 25 goal scorer (not 30, 35 or 40, but 25), - MAYBE 50 pts forward, play well on the PK, have a physical game...

so, we're extatic cause Bergevin acquired a differend breed of 40/50 pts player ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad