Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
People defending the trades saying that Anderson is a beast are forgetting the last season. This guy was horrible but played injured, there is nothing that say that this guy is going to be back 100%.

Other thing, just coming back from the Columbus board. Anderson was view as being carried in his only good season while Domi was carrying the Habs that year.

Why it so sure that Columbus will get the 2019-2020 Domi and that we will get the 2018-2019 Anderson?

I don't get the logic

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I like it. Domi is only a 60 or 70 point guy as centre on 1st or second line- there is no room for him there. I have always liked Anderson, big tough winger who can score. Tom wilson lite and won't cost as much $$ as Domi

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
People defending the trades saying that Anderson is a beast are forgetting the last season. This guy was horrible but played injured, there is nothing that say that this guy is going to be back 100%.

Other thing, just coming back from the Columbus board. Anderson was view as being carried in his only good season while Domi was carrying the Habs that year.

Why it so sure that Columbus will get the 2019-2020 Domi and that we will get the 2018-2019 Anderson?

I don't get the logic
90% of main board says we overpaid
Columbus board is like 90% that they won the trade and got a free 3rd.
Habs board is like 75-25 that we lost the trade.

A bit normal due to his last season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I don't get the logic

From one of Columbus' beat writers, in the first sentence of the second paragraph:

EjrOyoIWAAA8R2A

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

I don't get the logic
I agree, regardless of outcome, right now there no way to defend this trade has getting full value, even with size and toughness Domi was probably our most punishing FW...
This almost seem like they just tried to get rid of Domi while sending him to the smallest market they could at the same time..

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
So much for winning all his trades. He got fleeced in this one. Why add a 3rd when we should have gotten a 3rd coming back?

Last edited:
Reactions: habsnacks

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario

I don't get the logic

Many Columbus fans appear to like the trade and see value for both sides, not sure where you see this being such a one-sided disaster. Habs fans were the jest of the league when we traded Subban too.

I wish the 3rd was coming back this way, but Domi/Anderson swap had been floated several times on this board during the offseason.

I will agree that we are selling low on Domi, would hate to think what he might’ve been able to get for the Habs. But everyone always complains (me as well) MB only wants to win individual trades and NOT actually build a team.

Well, I guess we got what we wished for, I hope it works out lol

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Bergevin is moron. Of course, he had to pist me off at my favorite day of the year.
My love slowly transfer to Colorado. Our club is totally clueless at all aspect of the game.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So much for winning all his trades. He got fleeced in this one. Why add a 3rd when we should have gotten a 3rd coming back.

Because, as is his standard, MB is a very bad poker player...

Gets fixated on a decision and then moves from his own certainty, rather than strategically or tactically.

Par for the course.

Reactions: Pickles

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lost trade big time to me.

You never like to trade from a position of weakness. But Domi wasn't hot and people wanted Suzuki, kk, and Danault at center.

I would have prefered to give Domi half a season at center with good wingers. If he has a good half season, maybe he and a 3rd get us Laine.

But it is what it is. Let's hope Anderson is healthy and can score 27 every year.

Last edited:

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I think a healthy Anderson is just what MTL needs. Question is if he is healthy enough to contribute.

I dont see Domi as a 70 pt guy. I think it was a huge outlier. Last year we saw some one who was uninspired, had trouble finding any chemistry, and often attempted the same failing moves and plays game after game

I dont think the value is great because of Andersons unknown health but it could be a huge win as a player like him, if healthy, is hard to acquire

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I was as pissed as the majority of the members here at first, I've kinda changed my mind a bit. I think Anderson type players avec very rare, he's a Tom Wilson type player, for which I would've sacrificed Domi. Yeah we gave up the most talented player, but I agree that Anderson for us was kind of a must, that is if he comes back to his form of two years ago. I'll give it a chance, I was just disappointed from the point of view that I thought a player like Anderson could've been had for a couple of picks, but hey, apparently a lot of teams wanted him, so let's see what happens.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You never like to trade from a position of weakness. But Domi wasn't hot and people wanted Suzuki, ok, and Danault at center.

I would have prefered to give Domi half a season at center with good wingers. If he has a good half season, maybe he and a 3rd get us Laine.

But it is what it is. Let's hope Anderson is healthy and can score 27 every year.
I don't even know why Habs play the games. This is another Drouin trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad