Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Sure!
But we are nowhere near as good as Tampa Bay. It's not even sure we make the playoffs this coming season. Tampa won 11 playoffs series in the last 6 years and just won the cup, we won 1 playoffs series in the same time frame.

This and the bolts didn't trade one of their top 2-3 skaters in the process...

Those were tactical moves to put finishing touches on a well built roster.

Today's move was a "1-2 steps backwards to hopefully take a step forward at a much later date" reshuffling of the deck chairs on a ship that's been taking on water for years now.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
There's a legit chance he ends up being better than Wilson going forward. He's already had more goals than him in a season.

I think he will fit in well here. I still would have rather done without that 3rd going the other way but at some point, if you're MB and you really want Anderson & are confident he's the right fit for your team, you dont let a 3rd stand in your way.

Anderson is faster than Wilson and he has a better shot than Wilson.... Wilson is a better fighter.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He's not the first player to check out in the last 5 years though. At one point we will have to look at the management. MB can't keep blaming the playoffs forever. One day it's gonna be on him.

We've got a leadership problem in the organization, that much has been clear for years.

Only question now is who the next skilled player to leave town on a sour note will be...

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
We've got a leadership problem in the organization, that much has been clear for years.

Only question now is who the next skilled player to leave town on a sour note will be...

Maybe, you preferred that the organization be compromised by a pouting player wanting to be first or second line centre.

Reactions: Redux91

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
There's a legit chance he ends up being better than Wilson going forward. He's already had more goals than him in a season.

I think he will fit in well here. I still would have rather done without that 3rd going the other way but at some point, if you're MB and you really want Anderson & are confident he's the right fit for your team, you dont let a 3rd stand in your way.

Exactly, a slight overpay is okay if you are filling a need. He has too many picks almost, the 50 contract limit will be a problem down the road and he will be letting some prospects walk unsigned anyway.

Reactions: bsl

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The real issue here is Bergevin but we will keep blaming our skilled players for having a poor attitude when things don’t work out and not blame the GM for doing nothing to help out.

Reactions: LaP

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Maybe, you preferred that the organization be compromised by a pouting player wanting to be first or second line centre.

That's a poorly framed "either/or" argument.

I've got no issue moving Domi. The issue, as is often the case with MB, is asset management. We traded away the more proven, reliable & skilled asset AND paid a premium, while taking on the significantly greater risk.

Poor asset management. Hopefully we get lucky & Anderson stays healthy (& doesn't hold out like he did last contract) and delivers career best numbers moving forward... That's what he'll have to do just to match Domi's career worst productivity.

For a team that needs to upgrade its ability to score, not exactly a positive scenario.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
With all due respect, I’m glad to see everyone here’s on cloud nine for having been completely f***ed over by Columbus on this trade and being the laughing stock of the league. Domi should have received way more, being a 50+ pt Center capable of hitting 70+ at a young age. You know it’s bad when Viqsi (aka the biggest Anderson fangirl in the world) is jumping up and down in excitement also laughing at our expense.

This WILL go down as Bergevin’s absolute worst trade, and that is saying A LOT. And ain’t nobody going to tell me in some months from now “wtf Bergy sucks” while every single one of you seems to be making an excuse for his absolute trash trade now.

Reactions: D Wakaluk and Zorba

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012

I've got no issue moving Domi. The issue, as is often the case with MB, is asset management. We traded away the more proven, reliable & skilled asset AND paid a premium, while taking on the significantly greater risk.

Poor asset management. Hopefully we get lucky & Anderson stays healthy (& doesn't hold out like he did last contract) and delivers career best numbers moving forward... That's what he'll have to do just to match Domi's career worst productivity.

For a team that needs to upgrade its ability to score, not exactly a positive scenario.

No space with him down the middle... the way Domi played this year brought his value down...he had negative energy on the team... needed to be traded for more muscle and net presence.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012

No space with him down the middle... the way Domi played this year brought his value down...he had negative energy on the team... needed to be traded for more muscle and net presence.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This trade reminds me of the Cammalleri vs Bourque trade.

Bourque was never expected to play up to Cammalleri’s level, however, part of the reason that the Habs traded for him was due to his size. Bourque didn’t have the scoring touch that Cammalleri had but his frame was what the Canadiens wanted.

Hopefully history doesn’t repeat itself...

Reactions: ultra63 and 26Mats

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Exactly the only way this trade is good is if Anderson stay healthy and keep posting career year numbers for at least 4 more years. And by career year numbers I include junior and AHL cause yeah 27 goals was his best season including junior and AHL. I like the player but i don't think he's as skilled as some guys here think he is. Hope i'm wrong.

I think he'll be a 20 goals / 40 points player for us and i don't think this will move the needle much. If he can be that 25 goals / 50 points players for a couple of season then it's a different story but i just don't see it personally. Maybe one year but i don't see him doing it repeatedly. Like the player but not a fan of the trade very much.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Tom Wilson plays with Kuznetsov and Ovechkin. I'm a big fan of him and it think he's more skilled than some people gave him credit to earlier in his career but anyone who think he can post those numbers with a more normal usage is living in la la land. I like the guys but he's pretty much always left alone while the defense is struggling to cover both Ovechkin and Kuznetsov. He's a perfect fit for two of the best players in the league.

Reactions: Miller Time

Trembz

GHG
Jul 2, 2009
Canada
With all due respect, I’m glad to see everyone here’s on cloud nine for having been completely f***ed over by Columbus on this trade and being the laughing stock of the league. Domi should have received way more, being a 50+ pt Center capable of hitting 70+ at a young age. You know it’s bad when Viqsi (aka the biggest Anderson fangirl in the world) is jumping up and down in excitement also laughing at our expense.

This WILL go down as Bergevin’s absolute worst trade, and that is saying A LOT. And ain’t nobody going to tell me in some months from now “wtf Bergy sucks” while every single one of you seems to be making an excuse for his absolute trash trade now.
We were laughed at when we traded Galchenyuk for Domi
We were laughed at when we traded PK For Weber
We were laughed at when we traded for Shaw and got almost back what we paid for him after using his prime years a few years after
We were laughed at when we picked up Byron... What was it "ca sent la coupe"?.. Stupid contract now, but very smart pick up

Only trade I can think of that we weren't necessary laughed at was when we traded Sergachev for Drouin, which came off as "meh"....
Do you see the irony

Reactions: bsl and BenchBrawl

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Exactly the only way this trade is good is if Anderson stay healthy and keep posting career year numbers for at least 4 more years. And by career year numbers I include junior and AHL cause yeah 27 goals was his best season including junior and AHL. I like the player but i don't think he's as skilled as some guys here think he is. Hope i'm wrong.

I think he'll be a 20 goals / 40 points player for us and i don't think this will move the needle much. If he can be that 25 goals / 50 points players for a couple of season then it's a different story but i just don't see it personally. Maybe one year but i don't see him doing it repeatedly. Like the player but not a fan of the trade very much.

Exactly. Well put.

And I sincerely hope the fans & media don't get on his case if the best he does for us is 20-25g & 35-45pts... There's nothing in his career trajectory thus far that suggests he's got more than that in him, and the injury concerns might limit even that.

Nice asset to have, very poor trade.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

- he didn't "need" to be traded
- the "way he played" still led to better productivity than Anderson's 1x career best season
- agree that moving Domi made sense, paying a pic while getting the lesser player does not.

Reactions: Zorba

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick

See that's the problem. Instead of maximising Domi's value, MB pigeonholed himself by searching for a particular "fit" (muscle and net presence) for this broken roster. Anderson is a nice player and everything but has maaaajor question marks.

This trade has a high high potential of failing. I will count us very lucky if it works out in our favour. Here's hoping...

Reactions: Miller Time

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
The winner of this trade will be decided by which of the players performs better in the future. Book it. Oh wait. A third rounder? OMG the Habs will never recover from giving that up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad