Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Everyone thought the Goodrow and Coleman trades were brutal for TB too...you need these types of guys in the playoffs.
Sure!
But we are nowhere near as good as Tampa Bay. It's not even sure we make the playoffs this coming season. Tampa won 11 playoffs series in the last 6 years and just won the cup, we won 1 playoffs series in the same time frame.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
They were saying on the Radio that Anderson was in great demand... Perhaps not the case for Domi. I dint understand the third but like the trade.. if he is healthy we are a better team.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Not a fan of barginbin, but, Domi fancied himself a centre and was not happy. I don't things were going to change for him. Anderson is a big body that plays big, something we desperately need.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I was as pissed as the majority of the members here at first, I've kinda changed my mind a bit. I think Anderson type players avec very rare, he's a Tom Wilson type player, for which I would've sacrificed Domi. Yeah we gave up the most talented player, but I agree that Anderson for us was kind of a must, that is if he comes back to his form of two years ago. I'll give it a chance, I was just disappointed from the point of view that I thought a player like Anderson could've been had for a couple of picks, but hey, apparently a lot of teams wanted him, so let's see what happens.

my position is like when a ref calls a bad penalty on the Habs....and i know there nothing that can be done to change the call...

I'm already moving on..lol

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
Jackets fan coming in peace. You guys will love JA IF he can be the player he was before. He plays a style that can be completely derailed by injuries and has injured both shoulders now I believe. But if he can still be physical, he’s an absolute beast who can create goals out of nothing no matter who he plays with.
Anyone claiming he was carried by Panarin in his good season doesn’t watch the Jackets. Anderson played mostly with Boone and Foligno, neither of whom can carry anyone.

So, there are a lot of questions, but I wouldn’t worry until they’re answered.

Question... can Domi play power play?

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I was as pissed as the majority of the members here at first, I've kinda changed my mind a bit. I think Anderson type players avec very rare, he's a Tom Wilson type player, for which I would've sacrificed Domi. Yeah we gave up the most talented player, but I agree that Anderson for us was kind of a must, that is if he comes back to his form of two years ago. I'll give it a chance, I was just disappointed from the point of view that I thought a player like Anderson could've been had for a couple of picks, but hey, apparently a lot of teams wanted him, so let's see what happens.

If he is 100% healthy I wouldn't mind the deal but his injury history scares me big time. He does fit more of a need for us than Domi though...we got much larger IF he can stay in the lineup. If you ask me we STILL haven't addressed a goal scoring need though...it's just another lateral move. MB needs to move our first pick for a scorer.

Reactions: Miller Time

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
It probably was in the sense that they wanted to win the bidding war on Anderson. According to LeBrun, a lot of teams were trying to get Anderson.

I wonder what other teams offered...lol

Remember the year they outbid everyone for Prust

Reactions: ultra63

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Jackets fan coming in peace. You guys will love JA IF he can be the player he was before. He plays a style that can be completely derailed by injuries and has injured both shoulders now I believe. But if he can still be physical, he’s an absolute beast who can create goals out of nothing no matter who he plays with.
Anyone claiming he was carried by Panarin in his good season doesn’t watch the Jackets. Anderson played mostly with Boone and Foligno, neither of whom can carry anyone.

Both shoulders eh? Yikes.

Domi has zero PP presence imo. But maybe he will look better with different teammates.

Reactions: phillytennis

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018
I like it. Domi is only a 60 or 70 point guy as centre on 1st or second line- there is no room for him there. I have always liked Anderson, big tough winger who can score. Tom wilson lite and won't cost as much $$ as Domi

There's a legit chance he ends up being better than Wilson going forward. He's already had more goals than him in a season.

I think he will fit in well here. I still would have rather done without that 3rd going the other way but at some point, if you're MB and you really want Anderson & are confident he's the right fit for your team, you dont let a 3rd stand in your way.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
If he is 100% healthy I wouldn't mind the deal but his injury history scares me big time. He does fit more of a need for us than Domi though...we got much larger IF he can stay in the lineup. If you ask me we STILL haven't addressed a goal scoring need though...it's just another lateral move. MB needs to move our first pick for a scorer.
Oh yeah this can't be the end I agree, and the next move has to cost us only picks and prospect, MB's next move needs to be one that adds something significant without taking anybody of importance out of the lineup, cause so far yeah, Anderson filled a need, but we used a huge trade chip and we're not scoring that many more goals right now.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
I think everybody greatly overreacting as usuel here. When you deal for a player that just came from being injured. That player is evaluated by the teams doctors to make sure he'll be ok. I honestly think Anderson will bring more to the Habs than Domi. Only in terms of attitude Domi sucked and was bad for the team. There was no open spot to make him play with the Habs so good riddance. I could bet that after half a season everyone here will be in love with Anderson.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

He can, if Wennberg plays PP for you guys, he'll be an upgrade over him. He can snipe it every now and then but he's more of a playmaker. It's a double edged sword, if his teammates are alert and skilled they'll be able to finish some of his amazing plays. That being said, he could simplify his game at times instead of going for the 1% play.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Key thing being “secondary scoring”. We’ll take it but we NEED primary scoring. We haven’t had primary scoring in years!

Agreed. But adding secondary scoring while also adding size on the wings, I still view it as a good acquisition.

But yes, they still need to add more scoring.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Thanks for the input.

Domi is a bad powerplay player, was in Arizona, was in MTL. Best spot for him is behind the net, but he played most of his time here QB'ing on the half wall, which he absolutely sucks at.

He's a wonderful puck carrier, can playmake off the rush and has strong compete level most of the time. As long as his feet is moving he will make up for his flaws in the defensive end.

He also has a pretty decent shot, but he seems to not trust it.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Oh yeah this can't be the end I agree, and the next move has to cost us only picks and prospect, MB's next move needs to be one that adds something significant without taking anybody of importance out of the lineup, cause so far yeah, Anderson filled a need, but we used a huge trade chip and we're not scoring that many more goals right now.

He should but I won't hold my breath.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
'Super excited': Max Domi thrilled by trade to Blue Jackets, move back to center
”It was a super-weird situation. I'd be lying to you if I said I knew what was really going on. There wasn't a lot of communication there. I was just trying to figure out what was going on. I wasn't really told why or what I had to do to work my way up (the lineup), so that's just how the game goes. I'm not the coach... I was put in certain situations and unfortunately, I wasn't able to help the team as much as I'd have liked to.
”It's a learning experience for me... Take that and grow from it. But the best part is it's all behind me now.”

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Agreed. But adding secondary scoring while also adding size on the wings, I still view it as a good acquisition.

But yes, they still need to add more scoring.
It's still "mettre la charrue avant les bœufs" though. Anderson can be a very useful player to a winning team. But he wont transform a losing team into a winning team. As long as MB wont commit this will lead nowhere. He must commit. He painted himself into that corner. He has no choice and he can't wait 4-5 years. Weber and Price are getting older. Both Gallagher and Anderson are not the type of players who keep being good until their mid-30. With their history of injuries you can expect both player to slow down significantly in their early 30ies. Petry is not a young player either.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Reactions: HankyZetts

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's still "mettre la charrue avant les bœufs" though. Anderson can be a very useful player to a winning team. But he wont transform a losing team into a winning team. As long as MB can't commit this will lead nowhere. He must commit. He painted himself into that corner. He has no choice and he can't wait 4-5 years. Weber and Price are getting older. Both Gallagher and Anderson are not the type of players who keep being good until their mid-30. With their history of injuries you can expect both player to slow down significantly in their early 30ies. Petry is not a young player either.
Exactly, that's one of my gripes with the deal too. It's like when we got Shaw but our team is even older now...

Reactions: Miller Time

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I think everybody greatly overreacting as usuel here. When you deal for a player that just came from being injured. That player is evaluated by the teams doctors to make sure he'll be ok. I honestly think Anderson will bring more to the Habs than Domi. Only in terms of attitude Domi sucked and was bad for the team. There was no open spot to make him play with the Habs so good riddance. I could bet that after half a season everyone here will be in love with Anderson.

Overreact on Habs boards, didn’t see that coming!

Reactions: phillytennis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad